How do you reset SIM account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you reset SIM account

How do you reset the SIM account to the original dolar anount? video says edit account but I can not find it..

Hello Kashin​,
    Thank you for your post.

We have provided steps below on how to reset your SIM account. Please note, resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab (If you do not see the accounts tab, right click within the Control Center window and select Properties, scroll down until you see "Show Tabs" please ensure that this is selected)
    • Right click on your simulation account and select Edit Account
    • Press the "Reset" button
    We have also provided a help guide on the SIM 101 account below:
    Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.​
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Adrian; 10-05-2023, 12:33 PM. Reason: Editing URL link for resetting Sim 101 account.
    Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Adrian View Post
      Hello Kashin​,
      Thank you for your post.

We have provided steps below on how to reset your SIM account. Please note, resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
      • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab (If you do not see the accounts tab, right click within the Control Center window and select Properties, scroll down until you see "Show Tabs" please ensure that this is selected)
      We have also provided a help guide on the SIM 101 account below:Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.​
      I have right clicked on the account and I never get the Edit Account option. I have the latest NT 8 version,

Comment

Has the prgram chaged where this featrures been removed?

Comment

Hello Kashin​,
          Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN ADRIAN'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.​

Comment

Hello Adrian, any news on how to reset a sim account running on Ninjatrader v8.1.1.7 ? I have two stuck orders which state says 'Cancel pending'. I can't get them to go away and resetting the sim account seems to be the only option but nobody knows how to reset a sim account.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-05 194653.png
Views:	878
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	1271640

Comment

Hello Danielinja​,
              Thank you for your post.

We have provided steps below on how to reset your SIM 101 account. Please note, resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
              We have also provided a help guide on the SIM 101 account below:If this is on the DEMO simulation account, the order will clear when the session ends but rest assured the order is not active and will not fill; it will just appear to be visually stuck in the platform's local database. Our development team is aware of this issue and a fix for this will be released in the next major release of NinjaTrader.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions or need further support.​
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Adrian; 10-05-2023, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Adrian, thank you for replying so quickly. When right-clicking on the sim account I don't get the 'Edit account' option (see screenshot). Is there another way or do I miss an update? I'm running version 8.1.1.7 on Windows 11 Pro. The link you provided is leading to a page that say 'Page not found'.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-05 200409.png Views:	0 Size:	29.5 KB ID:	1271650
                Last edited by Danielinja; 10-05-2023, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Hello Danielinja​,
                  Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it appears that is the DEMO simulation account you are using. The order will clear when the session ends but rest assured the order is not active and will not fill; it will just appear to be visually stuck in the platform's local database. Our development team is aware of this issue and a fix for this will be released in the next major release of NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​

Comment

Hello,

I have the same problem. When right clicking an account and selecting properties, I only get the options to control what is shown in the control center for the accounts tab. It does not allow one to edit an account, specifically reset the demo account. It has a "preset" option in place of reset. It changes the properties of the accounts tab to the presets.

How to reset the demo account? In ninja trader 8 it seems that there the above path to edit accounts is not correct as it allows you to control the control center accounts tab.
                    Last edited by charts; 10-05-2023, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Hello charts​,
                      Thank you for your post.

It appears you are in the properties window for the Accounts tab within the Control Center. lf you want to reset the SIM 101 account, please follow along with my instructions near the top of this forum thread. If you are wanting to reset and add more funds in the DEMO simulation account, then please follow along with the link provided below:Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

I see. Many thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post rene69851  
                        Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM