Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja 7 with broker Dorman

Hi,
    s it possible to use the ninjatrader 7 platform with a Dorman account? The account is opened directly with them.
    Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Is your account held directly with Dorman or is NinjaTrader your Introducing broker?

I look forward to your reply.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      thanks for the reply.
      The account is direct with Dorman, but I also have another account directly with Ninja.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

If your NinjaTrader account was opened before 3/5/2023 then you can trade live with that account in NinjaTrader 7.

Unfortunately, the Dorman account will not be able to be traded live via NinjaTrader 7.

To do so you will need to purchase a Lifetime Account plan if you don't already have a license key for NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
        Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Dennis ... and indeed anyone reading this ... it would be very helpful for the majority of the world if people would specify dates in an unambiguous format. For most of the world, 3/5/2023 is 3 May 2023, even though for many (North American folks particularly) it is 5 March.

It may seem "nit-picky" or trivial to those for whom the mm/dd/yyyy format is their natural format. But for everyone else, it can be more than just simply confusing -- it can lead to assumptions that make errors more likely.

I recommend something like yyyy-mm-dd as the preferred internationally unambiguous format, as also defined in the international standard on Dates and Times, ISO 8601.

This is not the most important matter in the Forum at this time, I grant, but also not without significance when considering respect for global customers, and for ensuring clarity and certainty in communications to international audiences.

It also leads to the request to NinjaTrader to update the Forum software to respect system locale settings for dates and times, which currently it does not.

Thanks.
          Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
          jeronymite
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
            NinjaTrader_Dennis ... and indeed anyone reading this ... it would be very helpful for the majority of the world if people would specify dates in an unambiguous format. For most of the world, 3/5/2023 is 3 May 2023, even though for many (North American folks particularly) it is 5 March.

It may seem "nit-picky" or trivial to those for whom the mm/dd/yyyy format is their natural format. But for everyone else, it can be more than just simply confusing -- it can lead to assumptions that make errors more likely.

I recommend something like yyyy-mm-dd as the preferred internationally unambiguous format, as also defined in the international standard on Dates and Times, ISO 8601.

This is not the most important matter in the Forum at this time, I grant, but also not without significance when considering respect for global customers, and for ensuring clarity and certainty in communications to international audiences.

It also leads to the request to NinjaTrader to update the Forum software to respect system locale settings for dates and times, which currently it does not.

Thanks.
            Makes sense to me. It can be a tough slog to get USA customers to think ISO date formats are better, but there is no reason the forum (and the NT software) should not honor locale and date/time format settings, and default to something typical for the user's locale.
            Bruce DeVault
            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post samish18  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM