NT8 Unknown Vendor Assembly Logs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Unknown Vendor Assembly Logs???

I am attempting to troubleshoot 2 log messages I receive quoting Vendor Assembly, I have no idea where they come from
    I have 2 minor add-ons from vendors and both state that the log messages do not come from them

Can someone @ NT please chime in as I am unsure if this is an error, or there is something on my system which should not be there

Vendor assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json' version='11.0.0.0'
    I did read on the update logs for NT8.1.1.1 - NinjaScript Add-Ons would fail to load if it utilized Newtonsoft.Json - so am assuming this might be something in NT8 itself?

Vendor assembly 'Refit' version='4.6.0.0'

Can you please advise me if these are legit and part of NT8 itself
    If not how would I go about finding the culprit and removing it.

I am attempting to make NT as bare bones as possible removing all custom scripts I do not use

Click image for larger version

Name:	NT Log.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1242098

Hello torento,

Thanks for posting.

The items you listed in your post are from a 3rd party application and are not included by default. To remove any add-ons you no longer need or want installed within NinjaTrader Desktop go to the Control Center->Tools->Remove NinjaScript Assembly->Remove the add-ons you want to delete then once completed please restart NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there any way of finding out within the platform or PC files which add-ons the log messages come from without removing every add-on altogether and reimporting to troubleshoot?

I literally have two paid minor add-ons from vendors and a few minor free ones.

I removed everything I do not use, is it possible there is something left behind from a prior installed add-on

If I Remove NinjaScript Assembly will the application remember settings for the add-on for when I reinstall?
      Or will I have to reconfigure each one on reinstall?

Your assistance is appreciated!

Comment

These may be a part of an add-on assembly that is currently installed. Please go to the Control Center->Tools->Remove NinjaScript Assembly and attach a screenshot of the items currently installed.

If an indicator is removed this will remove the indicator from any charts that currently have this add-on configured and would need to reconfigured once reinstalled unless you have a chart template saved with the settings included which then the template would only need to be applied.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes