Back testing and drawing objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back testing and drawing objects

Hello, I have two questions. First question: with the new version of ninja Trader will there be an option to forgo having to input your password every time you start up the application? If not, is there any way to save my password to the application so I do not need to type it in every time I start the program?

Second question, what is the best method to save my drawing objects while conducting backtesting using a previous contract?

An example of this would be- if I am conducting manual back testing and using drawing objects and placing lines on the chart for the March 2023 ES contract, what is the best way to save all of those drawing objects, then close out of that contract and open up the new June 2023 contract create and save drawing objects saved in different locations to conduct real-time Trading?

I would like the ability to go back to the other contract and have the existing drawing objects in place and pick up where I left off with manual back testing.

Is this possible?

Hello Newtrader101,

Thank you for your post.

No, there is not an option to forego entering the password when starting up the application. This is an intended security feature, as the log in credentials are there to provide access to your account, entitlements, and server-side ATM templates. This feature replaces the need for a license key. For more information, please see the release notes:

As for saving drawing objects on a past contract separately from drawing objects on the new contract, it would likely be best to use separate workspaces. If you do a batch rollover or a manual rollover, this will automatically rollover your drawing objects. If you close a chart and open a new one, that would result in your drawing objects being lost. By keeping the old expiry confined to its own separate workspace, when you want to work with the new expiry you may simply save and close the workspace where you are manually backtesting. For more information about how rollovers affect drawing objects, please see the section at the bottom of this page:

There are more details regarding workspaces here:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by aligator, 01-06-2022, 12:14 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by reynoldsn, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    1 view