Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadowing multiple accounts with NT8 8.1.1.1

Hi,
    Is it possible to trade multiple accounts and shadow each position in live trading with ATM strategy using NT 8.1.1.1

I have a multi brokerage lifetime license ,

Please advise

What do you mean by shadow? Like a trade copier? If so, I'm using Replikanto to copy trades to multiple accounts, and it works perfectly! It even has a nice network feature to copy trades to other NT running on other computers, so I've got a few different prop firm accounts running on VPS from the same company, and Replikanto even copies trades between the computers, and within the computers to multiple accounts too

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post
      What do you mean by shadow? Like a trade copier? If so, I'm using Replikanto to copy trades to multiple accounts, and it works perfectly! It even has a nice network feature to copy trades to other NT running on other computers, so I've got a few different prop firm accounts running on VPS from the same company, and Replikanto even copies trades between the computers, and within the computers to multiple accounts too
      Thanks for your reply.
      I think NT should be able to do that if you have a multiple brokerage account license
      How much does replikanto cost?
      pls provide a link

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GussJ View Post

Thanks for your reply.
        I think NT should be able to do that if you have a multiple brokerage account license
        How much does replikanto cost?
        pls provide a link

Thanks
        I think NinjaTrader has a built in simple trade copier in the Web version, but not on the Desktop version. For desktop, I use https://flowbots.ninja/product/replikanto

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader desktop has no such feature/functionality built in as orders must be routed to a specific account by default. However there are several add ons that can accomplish this functionality as mentioned by other users.

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
            Hello,

NinjaTrader desktop has no such feature/functionality built in as orders must be routed to a specific account by default. However there are several add ons that can accomplish this functionality as mentioned by other users.
            Thanks Ryan,
            NT had the capabilities of doing that with Multiple brokerage license as far as I remember when I bought my lifetime many years ago.
            has this capability been removed?
            what's the advantage of having a multiple brokerage license?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GussJ View Post

Thanks Ryan,
              NT had the capabilities of doing that with Multiple brokerage license as far as I remember when I bought my lifetime many years ago.
              has this capability been removed?
              what's the advantage of having a multiple brokerage license?

Thanks
              Oh are you talking about Shadow Strategy in ATM? If so, that feature is still there, see: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...w_strategy.htm

But as far as I know, Shadow Strategy feature has always only copied between live account and SIM. Cannot copy from one live account to another live account. For live to live, 3rd party addons like Replikanto fill the gap.

Comment

The shadow strategy feature will only link between a sim account as backtester831 mentioned.

Historical some brokers offered this type of functionality that would operate in NinjaTrader, however this would be setup my your broker.

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post

Oh are you talking about Shadow Strategy in ATM? If so, that feature is still there, see: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...w_strategy.htm

But as far as I know, Shadow Strategy feature has always only copied between live account and SIM. Cannot copy from one live account to another live account. For live to live, 3rd party addons like Replikanto fill the gap.
                  Thanks.
                  But I remember, with multi-brokerage license one had the option to trade multiple account with single trading transaction, an order would be sent to different accounts simultaneously through NT.

What's the Value of Multi brokerage license to begin with ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

A multibroker permission allows you to connect to multiple accounts at different brokerages within your platform, for instance a NinjaTrader account, combine account, Interactive Brokers account, TD ameritrade, forex.com, etc.

However you will still need to route orders to the individual account you wish to trade. If you had this functionality in the past I would guess you may have been using a custom add on to accomplish this.

Comment

Hello,

A multibroker permission allows you to connect to multiple accounts at different brokerages within your platform, for instance a NinjaTrader account, combine account, Interactive Brokers account, TD ameritrade, forex.com, etc.

However you will still need to route orders to the individual account you wish to trade. If you had this functionality in the past I would guess you may have been using a custom add on to accomplish this.
                      Thank Ryan,
                      I never used any add on for sure in, but I remember it was available in NT 7 if I am not mistaken.
                      Isn't there a way to send an order to those multiple connected accounts simultaneously ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader 7 did have an account grouping feature that could accomplish some of this functionality, though it was not included in NinjaTrader 8 due to some complications and limitations the feature had.

Unfortunately the only way to accomplish this would be to use some sort of add on, though I will add this thread to an ongoing feature request to implement this natively to the platform.

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader 7 did have an account grouping feature that could accomplish some of this functionality, though it was not included in NinjaTrader 8 due to some complications and limitations the feature had.

Unfortunately the only way to accomplish this would be to use some sort of add on, though I will add this thread to an ongoing feature request to implement this natively to the platform.
                          Thank you
                          Glad to know my memory didn't fail me

appreciated

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM