Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Depth Map "Exact Volume"

Hello NT Team.
    With the "Exact Volume" setting I expect the exact volumes set in minimum and maximum volume range to be hightlighted, but this is not the case. Why?
    If this setting worked as it should, we could create much more powerful charts by overlapping the same indicator with different settings and colors. Perhaps the word "Exact" has a different meaning for your developers.
    Looking at the attachment you can clearly see that it does not work... Am I wrong some settings?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-20 134839.png
Views:	102
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1241447

Hello Matteo,

Thank you for your post.

The 'Base volume range on" dropdown menu determines how to distribute the opacity levels on your market depth map. The option for Percent is described as, "Distributes the opacity levels of the map based on the depths percentage in comparison to the exact volume entered for the Maximum volume range and Minimum volume range"

The option for Exact Volume is described as, "Distributes the opacity levels of the map based on the depths volume in comparison to the exact volume entered for the Maximum volume range and Minimum volume range"

What this means is, when Exact Volume is selected, the lightest shade will be used for numbers at and below the 'Minimum volume range' and the darkest shade will be used for numbers at and above the 'Maximum volume range.' In your screenshot, the minimum is set to 50 and the maximum is set to 80; volumes at an 'exact' number of 50 and below are the lightest grey opacity and volumes at 80 and above are the darkest opacity of grey.

A description of each parameter may be found in the help guide here:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
      Hello Matteo,

Thank you for your post.

The 'Base volume range on" dropdown menu determines how to distribute the opacity levels on your market depth map. The option for Percent is described as, "Distributes the opacity levels of the map based on the depths percentage in comparison to the exact volume entered for the Maximum volume range and Minimum volume range"

The option for Exact Volume is described as, "Distributes the opacity levels of the map based on the depths volume in comparison to the exact volume entered for the Maximum volume range and Minimum volume range"

What this means is, when Exact Volume is selected, the lightest shade will be used for numbers at and below the 'Minimum volume range' and the darkest shade will be used for numbers at and above the 'Maximum volume range.' In your screenshot, the minimum is set to 50 and the maximum is set to 80; volumes at an 'exact' number of 50 and below are the lightest grey opacity and volumes at 80 and above are the darkest opacity of grey.

A description of each parameter may be found in the help guide here:
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...htm#Parameters

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      First of all, given a defined range and an "exact volume" option, everything outside, whether it is above the maximum or below the minimum, is not considered at all.
      I would expect this to work if we are talking about range and exact volume, in a nutshell you have given two different names to the same function:

With "percentage" the max and min percentage is taken into account based on the real-time maximum of the known levels.

With "exact" the min and max set by the user are taken into consideration, which only determines the level from which the increase in opacity towards the max of the coloring starts.

In both cases, all the levels are always colored starting from.

What do you think, is my reasoning wrong?​

Comment

Hello Matteo,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not follow your reasoning. You state "in a nutshell you have given two different names to the same function" although there are different results when you toggle between percentage and exact volume. They are not the same function.

Please explain the desired behavior; is it correct that you would like to choose a maximum and minimum and have it so that any numbers above the max or below the min are not shaded at all? If so, I will gladly submit this as a feature request to be considered in the future. If you could please provide an explanation and/or an example of what you are looking for, I will pass that information along to the development team.

I appreciate your patience and look forward to your reply.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by naanku, Today, 07:25 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post naanku
        by naanku

Started by milfocs, Today, 07:23 PM
        0 responses