Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big gaps from the Night - Session

Hello,

i ve got a problem now. In the MNQ i ´ve got huge gaps and there are some Candles missing. Look at the Chart. The green candle at the Upside is 4:05pm and the red candle
    after the gap is 0:05am. Why is there such a huge gap? There are more of these gaps. Take a look at the left gap.
    I ´ve already tried to delete the cache and the tick folter in the db-folter. But nothing changed.

Please help

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	153
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1241212

What Trading Hours Templates are you using on that chart? Right Click and check the setting in data series... Also, when you post any chart images it's best to include the bottom and right axis... If I could have seen those, I likely would have been able to give you more accurate information...

Comment

Hello,

its the 5 minute Timeframe, but its also in the 15 minute Timeframe.
      Here the Green Candle at 4:05 pm. And the next Cancdle....

Views:	134
Size:	973.8 KB
ID:	1241236
      And the next red candle is on 0:05am. Where are the other Candles between it?

Views:	121
Size:	540.9 KB
ID:	1241237

Comment

We had contracts Roll Over be sure that was not the issue

Comment

No its march 10th and few days ago.. so there wasnt any Roll over.

Comment

Hello Exxeron,

Can you please tell me to what broker/data feed you connect in NinjaTrader. When I test it on my end using NinjaTrader Continuum, I don't have these gaps.

Please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'. Check if the missing historical data is loaded. If not, please perform a restart of the NinjaTrader platform and check again. If not loaded initially, please right click in the chart once more and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

If the issue remains, please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Let me know what setting is selected for 'Trading hours'.

​​Click image for larger version

Name:	MNQ0323.png
Views:	125
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1241409
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know now what the problem is.... in my Charts in the MNQ, MES is from 10pm to 11 pm (22 -23 o clock). a bug in it.
              Look at that picture i am on the MES with the 5 minute chart. The next candle after 22 would be at 23 o clock in the 5 minute chart?
              Thats why there are some gaps in the MNQ its the same time. I think its a bug in the time scale.
              The problem is now. NT8 is deleting my SL/TP by reaching 22o clock in the moment when the scale doesent work.
              I cant close my position too... so i am gonna lose a lot of money...........

I am using Ninjatrader brokerage and NT8

Click image for larger version  Name:	grafik.png Views:	0 Size:	983.8 KB ID:	1241595

Comment

Here is the database in the MES 5 min

Views:	106
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1241597

Comment

Can you please tell me what time zone you have selected at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->General-->Time zone. The MES stops trading between 4:00pm - 5:00pm US Central time. If you have the UTC+1 time zone selected, it is as expected that no data is loaded between 10:00pm and 11:00pm.

As per the stop loss and profit target that get cancelled, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files in an email, so I can investigate.
                  • Open the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 folder.
                  • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To-->Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  • Attach the two compressed folders in your email.
                  • Send the email to "support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com". Put 'Att Jason, 03801105' in the subject field of your email.
                  • Once the email is sent, you can delete these compressed folders.
                  Please include what instrument you traded and at what price you submitted the stop loss and profit target.

Comment

Hi,
                    I'm also having problems with missing candles. When I open NT last candle is at 11:00am (UTC -5) and the first plotted candle is from the moment I open the platform. I've updated to last version to see if that fixes the problem but still the same. Reload all historical data is disabled on all my charts also.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_146.png Views:	0 Size:	13.6 KB ID:	1255086
                    Last edited by cgvmlg; 06-08-2023, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Hello cgvmlg,

Because you can't select 'Reload All Historical Data', it indicates you are not connected to the historical data server. This clarifies why you are missing historical data.

Can you please troubleshoot with the steps below. Check after each step if the missing historical data is loaded and if you can select 'Reload All Historical Data'.
                      • Restart NinjaTrader
                      • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
                      • Restart your PC
                      • Clear your DNS
                      - Open the Command Prompt: https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-...in-windows-10/
                      - In the command prompt, run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
                      • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
                      • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
                      • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
                      - Right-click on your Start button
                      - Select 'Device Manager'
                      - Expand 'Network Adapters'
                      - Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
                      - Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
                      - Click 'OK' to save the changes
                      - Do this for all Network Adapters

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                        Hello cgvmlg,

Because you can't select 'Reload All Historical Data', it indicates you are not connected to the historical data server. This clarifies why you are missing historical data.

Can you please troubleshoot with the steps below. Check after each step if the missing historical data is loaded and if you can select 'Reload All Historical Data'.
                        • Restart NinjaTrader
                        • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
                        • Restart your PC
                        • Clear your DNS
                        - Open the Command Prompt: https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-...in-windows-10/
                        - In the command prompt, run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
                        • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
                        • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
                        • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
                        - Right-click on your Start button
                        - Select 'Device Manager'
                        - Expand 'Network Adapters'
                        - Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
                        - Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
                        - Click 'OK' to save the changes
                        - Do this for all Network Adapters

After follow all steps still same situation

Name:	Screenshot_147.png
Views:	52
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1255097

Comment

Can you please send me your log & trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support. Enter 'Att Jason, 03801105' in the Subject field. 'Log and trace files' should be enabled by default. Click the Send button to send the email.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                            Can you please send me your log & trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support. Enter 'Att Jason, 03801105' in the Subject field. 'Log and trace files' should be enabled by default. Click the Send button to send the email.
                            Email sent. Await for your comments.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Balage0922  
                            Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes