Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader Market Replay while offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader Market Replay while offline?

Hello,

Is it possible to use the ninjatrader desktop platform while offline using historical tick data? What I would like to do is download a signifigant amount of historical data and play it back for practice trading. I have a job where I travel alot and am oftentimes without any internet connection for weeks at a time. I would like to be able to pre-download a few months worth of historical data to playback and practice on.

Is this possible?

And if this is possible, where can I find and download data from a long time ago, for example, the tick data for the instrument ES from January to June 2019 etc? Or to download all data from the entire year of 2018?

In 8.0, you can. In 8.1, you cannot currently sign in without an internet connection.

This is a bit extreme, but you might try signing in while you're still connected as an experiment, then leave NinjaTrader running and just don't close it out. Still, that's not a "real" solution, and the first time you need to reboot the laptop or restart the platform, it's all over.
    Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 03-18-2023, 05:24 AM.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Thanks for that. I have not updated past 8.0.27, and information you just passed on to me just confirmed to me that I will not be updating, ever, until I am forced to.

Comment

>all data from the entire year of 2018
        I believe NT still has that data. The only problem with replay is that you can download 1 day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseOffshore View Post
          Thanks for that. I have not updated past 8.0.27, and information you just passed on to me just confirmed to me that I will not be updating, ever, until I am forced to.
          NT 8.1 is only 1 step in many -and NT Dev QA are considering these options:
          NinjaTrader login Enhancements 8.1.1 - NinjaTrader Support Forum​
          your vote there will count to making that happen so we can all get the benefits of the new Desktop + Web awesome combo and still our bed rock functions of NT Desktop
          MicroTrends
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Comment

Hello JesseOffshore,

As Quantkey_Bruce mentions, this is possible in version 8.0.27.1, but not in version 8.1.1.0 or later.

You would need to connect to a broker/data feed that provides the historical tick data you need. Once the historical tick data is present in NinjaTrader, you can use it with the Playback connection.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes