This feature should be removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This feature should be removed

LOCKING me Out of my Platform for an hour because I did not have the correct credentials is a horrible horrible Idea!

Hello Net_Trader,

Thank you very much for your message.

The forced lockout period was implemented to ensure an attacker would not be able to brute-force access to your account, this occurs after 16 failed attempts.

If you do not remember your account credentials or would like assistance, please contact us at support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, we're always happy to help!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your response, I appreciate that. 16 attempts is a lot and I did not realize I had made that many attempts, but I was finally able to log in. I completely understand the security measures, however, my greater frustration is that since upgrading to the latest version, I cannot access the platform that I have a lifetime license on, if my internet connection goes down I am dead in the water. I live in a rural area in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, with the weather, trees fall regularly and take the power lines out. Without access to the internet, I cannot even access my platform to prepare charts and presentations for my clients and students, it puts me out of business every time the internet goes down. This is a problem! If I could at the bare minimum have access to the platform at any time, that would suffice.

Comment

Hello Net_Trader

There are indeed many cases of connection problems, due to which a NinjaTrader user would prefer to stay with the previous version 8.0.27.1 , instead of ugrading to version 8.1.1.1
        The possibility to work offline with NinjaTrader platform is very important in my opinion, and I think that this user need has been seriously underestimated by NinjaTrader development in the latest version of the platform.
        Last edited by KonstantinosNT; 03-16-2023, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
          Hello Net_Trader,

Thank you very much for your message.

The forced lockout period was implemented to ensure an attacker would not be able to brute-force access to your account, this occurs after 16 failed attempts.

If you do not remember your account credentials or would like assistance, please contact us at support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, we're always happy to help!
          Its a good measure to have... MFA2 to the rescue? but if someone doenst have it enabled sure you need to lock out thats standard on a lot of platforms in fact
          MicroTrends
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MicroTrends View Post
            Its a good measure to have... MFA2 to the rescue? but if someone doenst have it enabled sure you need to lock out thats standard on a lot of platforms in fact
            Yes, if there were an "instant" account recovery with MFA a lot of this risk would be mitigated. Account could be locked after some number of bad sign in attempts (hopefully a medium-sized number, not just a few) but offer the option to immediately recover the account with MFA and set a new password.
            Bruce DeVault
            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post

Yes, if there were an "instant" account recovery with MFA a lot of this risk would be mitigated. Account could be locked after some number of bad sign in attempts (hopefully a medium-sized number, not just a few) but offer the option to immediately recover the account with MFA and set a new password.
              yep vote me in on that one
              MicroTrends
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Comment

I saw in upcoming release notes that we will be implementing the following which looks like it will address the 1 hour lock out. Looks like we are set to release this sometime next week.

"Implemented the recaptcha for when there are too many failed log in attempts, which previously prevented log in for an hour"​
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by KonstantinosNT View Post
                  Hello Net_Trader

There are indeed many cases of connection problems, due to which a NinjaTrader user would prefer to stay with the previous version 8.0.27.1 , instead of upgrading to version 8.1.1.1
                  The possibility to work offline with NinjaTrader platform is very important in my opinion, and I think that this user need has been seriously underestimated by NinjaTrader development in the latest version of the platform.
                  I wanted to access my Tradovate account, which required an upgrade. A rollback may be the only solution, Hey Ray, how long will the other versions be supported? Are we talking years at least?

Comment

Yes, years.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Ray It's good to know that a new release is in the offing. ... What about the matter of providing Vendors with pre-release evaluations? That omission is arguably one of the greater failings of the 8.1.1.x rollout. Can you start to actively seek your Vendors' "partnership" in trying to make releases more robust before they rollout and reduce the risk of needing to be fixed retrospectively?

Thanks.
                      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                      jeronymite
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

For sure however, the upcoming .2 release (since just a patch release) won't go through that process, but regular update surely would, like they have in the past.

Comment

So I am locked out of my NT8 again,for an hour, it was 4 attempts, nowhere near 16... this is really frustrating...

Comment

I thought the new 8.1.1.2 release allowed you to unlock by answering a reCaptcha puzzle.
                            Bruce DeVault
                            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

In my opinion, the main issue with 8.1 is the lack of possibility to work offline and not really the number of failed attempts to connect online, or the Captcha puzzle.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes