Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New NT Login- how can you install and use NT8 free for sim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New NT Login- how can you install and use NT8 free for sim?

Questions

How can a new user or existing user install NT and use it for free now?
    1. Without jumping through the try for 14 day trial and without a live account application to get creds to login to nt8 popup.
    2. With kinetick or the dozens of other connections for sim?

Why do i ask this?

NinjaTrader Desktop-V 8.0.27.1 64-bit Installed
    • Sim account usage for dev.
    • Testing performance back testing
    • kinetick connection
    Actions and outcome
    1. install new upgrade
    2. start the new version 8.1
    3. Get stuck unable to use free for sim- blocked by a login
    My workaround to use NT8 free for sim
    1. Create a nice new NT Account social account login - all good..
    2. try all ways possible for free -fail so then sign up for a live account and get a username and login
    3. login to nt8 platform with the new live account creds - and then use the kinetick connection and carry on as usual :-)

Steps to repro my experience
    1. Start the fantabulous new version - new login popup - got no creds - no sign up link
    2. click social to see what that does and make a new account
    3. all good nice - now got a shiny new NT account for social login -awesome!
    4. but wait nt8 login popup still there...ahhhmmmm….what the?
    5. ok look around and see use NT8 free for sim that doesn’t get you anywhere it will download nt8 again and you will end up at the same place... trying to login -- a logical circle unable to use NT8.
    6. ok then click try sim for 14 days - go through procedure - never completes no error message - try 4 times and give up..my gmail user must have been used prior…?
    7. ok then open live account - start the live account application - during this phase we have to create yet another username and password...
    8. This was actually a very slick and well done feature and was super easy except funding not possible- but ARGGHH Factor no2 PLAID will link to a non US based address us dollar bank account but regs wont allow it… wire too slow.,so that was was dead end will take days to fund it -so does that mean i am locked and blocked out...omg!.
    9. But wait a final good result Logging into the NT Platform now works if I use the live account creds – even though I was not able to fund, as a login it works for now, I can then still see and access my kinetic account and use for sim as I wanted to and not for live trading.
    10. NT Brokerage contacted me to say I cannot use the platform with that login as there will be no data until I pay for a sub or put money in the account... does that make sense and I replied no it doesn’t make any sense at all as I want to use NT for sim via kinetick…

many thanks

tom

Last edited by MicroTrends; 03-14-2023, 07:35 AM.
    MicroTrends
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Hello Tom,

Thank you for the message.

You will want to keep working directly through the email chain you already have with NinjaTrader's support team.

Moving forward, any person who wants to download NinjaTrader and use the Free Two Week Trial of the platform will have to sign up for a NinjaTrader Dashboard Username/Password to then open and connect in the NinjaTrader 8.1 Platform.
    • At the moment, I would NOT recommend to use the Social Login buttons as it results in a Username the person cannot remember
    • I would suggest to create your own Username and Passwords and then sign in with that so you can remember the username
    Please follow along with the Help Center Guide below for more specific steps on signing up for Dashboard credentials to use the Free 2 week demo of Futures data:
    For any further help or information, please continue your correspondence with the NinjaTrader support team in the email thread that you already have going.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
      Hello Tom,

You will want to keep working directly through the email chain you already have with NinjaTrader's support team.

Moving forward, any person who wants to download NinjaTrader and use the Free Two Week Trial of the platform will have to sign up for a NinjaTrader Dashboard Username/Password to then open and connect in the NinjaTrader 8.1 Platform.
      • At the moment, I would NOT recommend to use the Social Login buttons as it results in a Username the person cannot remember
      • I would suggest to create your own Username and Passwords and then sign in with that so you can remember the username
      Please follow along with the Help Center Guide below for more specific steps on signing up for Dashboard credentials to use the Free 2 week demo of Futures data:
      For any further help or information, please continue your correspondence with the NinjaTrader support team in the email thread that you already have going.
      ok support didnt reply to this issue in the tickets as it was feedback - i will see what there is..open and use them

This information is great..
      ok so what i did was start the new app
      and then from the login popup did a social login and then found out it was not possible to get a 14 day trial as it never completed in the browser view - so i had no user email to login with.
      so i went down the live account route

1) note i dont want a 14 day trail i have kinetick.
      2) do i have to create a new account for each machine and login with 4 different user accounts? 1 per pc
      some of them i just want to code in or backtest... etc

anyway i will try this route again with an new user account and see where it all goes
      i will find out... all good

Last edited by MicroTrends; 03-15-2023, 07:43 AM.
      MicroTrends

Comment

Hello Tom,

...Please follow along with the Help Center Guide below for more specific steps on signing up for Dashboard credentials to use the Free 2 week demo of Futures data:
        Cant see any support tickets open i posted feedback a while back that was all. - i will update them also.,

So you need to hear this and anyone else needs to read this

OK GREAT NEWS!
        1) so now i have gone down this route of registering via the web as you provided above
        2) the caveat was my account already existing as i had already gone down the social sign up login route from inside the NT8 desktop so i got a password reminder sent for that email
        3) i logged into here: https://account.ninjatrader.com/ with the local account - email and password.
        4) i then was prompted to do sign a declaration of pro or non pro and had to perform an authenticator action to the email
        5) i could see my prior setup live account application
        6) i was able to trade on the web nt version in sim and live mode
        7) i then started NT8.1 and used these credentials for NT8 and hey presto it worked.... i can see my sim trading connections and other connections...

ok now im getting somewhere and its making more sense I will also go down the live route with nt8 and work out what when why with that.,
        then i will need top update edit my other posts to fit this new information...

thank you for your support!
        Last edited by MicroTrends; 03-15-2023, 09:40 AM.
        MicroTrends

Comment

Hello MicroTrends,

Thank you for the updates.

It sounds like you were able to get the 8.1 Platform Opened and connected.
          • As you ran into, the tricky thing is if the user first starts by clicking on one of the Social Logins because it generates a complex username that most people couldn't remember.
          • So, if the social login doesn't work from there, the user isn't aware of what their username is to figure out what to use when manually logging in later
            • If a person uses the "Forgot Username" link, it will send them an email with the username in it and they can then copy and paste it into the "Forgot Password" link to get the password.
            • Then use then Copy and paste the Username from the email into the NinjaTrader Dashboard Login along with the Password they made manually to sign in
            • Once they are signed into the Dashboard, they may use the following steps to change the Username to something that is easier to remember:
            • After changing the Username to something memorable, the user is read to use the new Username and Password to open and connect to the NinjaTrader Platform

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Hello MicroTrends,

Thank you for the updates.

It sounds like you were able to get the 8.1 Platform Opened and connected.
            • As you ran into, the tricky thing is if the user first starts by clicking on one of the Social Logins because it generates a complex username that most people couldn't remember.
            • So, if the social login doesn't work from there, the user isn't aware of what their username is to figure out what to use when manually logging in later
              • If a person uses the "Forgot Username" link, it will send them an email with the username in it and they can then copy and paste it into the "Forgot Password" link to get the password.
              • Then use then Copy and paste the Username from the email into the NinjaTrader Dashboard Login along with the Password they made manually to sign in
              • Once they are signed into the Dashboard, they may use the following steps to change the Username to something that is easier to remember:
              • After changing the Username to something memorable, the user is read to use the new Username and Password to open and connect to the NinjaTrader Platform

well im really happy now with that login - pending some tweaks like saving the name etc...and fast auto login etc.

BUT.... what i ran into was a bit different to this "complex username that most people couldn't remember."

- i had to create 2 logins, so i thought, to get into nt8.
            and was due to install the 8.1 not reading about it at all.. ooops!!!!

so i started nt8.1 and saw the new login - it had no signup link -so i clicked sign in with google a second window popped up to login into NT account -
            so i continued with social and got a new account created with my user email the same one that was all very easy and fantastic.

But from there i couldn't see how to logging to nt8 and was expecting that second window it to hand back to nt8 login window and get me in
            so i was kind of stuck in that window and ended up created a live account and using those new creds to get into nt8 so i ended up with 2 sets...
            1 to login to nt account and 1 to long to nt8 as i thought.
            then you showed me the other way and it was all easy from there
            - i then realized ok my nt account user will work in nt8 too ok..... but manually typed as a local account email + pwd...
            great stuff

so the take home for me was ..
            • make sure to register via the web and don't try it from nt8 login...
            • this took me through the proper worfklow to get set for sim or live trading and access to the web app or desktop .....
            • register as you say above and then login into nt8 with the creds.
            Last edited by MicroTrends; 03-15-2023, 11:34 AM.
            MicroTrends

Comment

I registered almost 2 weeks ago and after countless support emails I still have a SIM trial with 10 minutes delay!. You cannot place a trade with this delayed sim!

After more than a week my life-key was finally accepted in the new dashboard account! Today, when starting the desktop (8.1.1.1), a sim-trial of 10 days is displayed, which I haven't been able to use yet! The delay with the sim trial is still present!

The last support answer was the sim workflow link, so register....
              So how often should I register now???

Anyone else have sim trials with a 10 minute delay?​

Comment

Hello Ki2zer0,

You should only be registering for a NinjaTrader Username once and then using the Free 14 day demo that comes with that.

If you are having trouble accessing your demo account, please reach out to the NinjaTrader Support team directly so we may look into your Account, Username, and other private information to provide further details.
                • If you already have an email thread with NinjaTrader support, then respond to the email you have with them so they may provide further information.
                  • If not, you could send an email to Support (AT) NinjaTrader (DOT) com

The Forum is a Publicly Facing location and we do not want to share or discuss personal/private information here.

Comment

I realize that I should only register once, I'm not a beginner! But why do I get exactly that today after 2 weeks as a support answer! I can also log into the dashboard as normal, only the sim-trial account is unusable and delayed.
                  I wanted to know if anyone else has this delayed sim account with 8.1.1.1, I don't need to exchange personal data for that!

regards,​

Comment

Hello Ki2zer0,

Thank you for the update.

The Simulation account data becomes delayed 14 days after signing up for the NinjaTrader Dashboard credentials.

If you want further information on why your account shows that there is 10 days left of the demo, but the data is delayed, then you would need to write into our support team directly so we could look at your account and give a specific answer as to why it is the way it is, or make changes to it as needed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by aligator, 01-06-2022, 12:14 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post john_44573  
                    Started by reynoldsn, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes