Tradovate crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tradovate crashing

Recently, Ninjatrader bought a rival, Tradovate. Soon after, Tradovate started having serious issues (crashing mid-day, causing tens of thousands of dollars in losses for some customers). Simple question: is Ninjatrader trying to kill off Tradovate? Does anybody have any useful insider info on this?

Hello Tasuki

Thanks for the post.

While NinjaTrader Group does own Tradovate, LLC, there is no immediate plan to discontinue the Tradovate brand or service offering.​

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Dennis, because Tradovate's DOM is so much better than Ninjatrader's. I actually have a full license to Ninjatrader but I had to stop using it because it's DOM is so poorly designed, so convoluted. For example, in Tradovate you can click and drag a stop price to a new target. In Ninjatrader, you have to click twice, once at the old price once at the new price---much slower, much less reliable (*damn, did I click it or not???*). In Tradovate, you can also set the stop with a left click, just like ToS or Tradestation (or any intelligently designed DOM). These issues only matter to a scalper, but for us, they're critical to performance. Fix these issues, and I'd come back to Ninjatrader in a heartbeat.

Comment

I believe that the worst problem is this decision to kill multiprovider mode because both replikanto and most propfirms need it. I really don't get it. What's the point of the updates if you guys basically preventing trader from trading? I had a beautiful ninjatrader 7 version that worked. I decided to buy a tradovate account and now i can't access my old accounts or the new tradovate acc bc version 8.1 crashes everytime I try to login. You guys need to fix this please.

Comment

Hello calster,

Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Dennis'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.​
          Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 11:56 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by reynoldsn, 04-21-2024, 07:53 PM
          3 responses