Not enough excess Margin but order submitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough excess Margin but order submitted

I am paper trading with a 3k account with Risk set to NT Trader Brokerage Default (my broker is NT). Often I use stop market or limit orders triggered when price hits them.

Sometimes I get the NT 'Not enough Margin' error when my orders hit, which is fine, but the buy/sell is actually placed without any stops or targets or ATM.

I'm concerned when I go live that this will happen and I'll have to frantically try and rescue the trade.

Is this something that will happen in a live account and if so any way to prevent it?

I feel like the behavior should be if not enough margin DO NOT place the order. NOT place the order and blow away the ATM / stops / targets.

Hello trader24211341,

Thank you for your inquiry.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry ever involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

With regard to the simulation behavior that you are referring to, I'd like to look into it further so that we can get a better understanding of the sequence of events. To do this, we'd like to review your log and trace files. You can send us your log and trace files from within the platform by going to Help > Email Support. When sending us this message, please include a detailed description of what was occurring, please also include order number and time that it most recently occurred if possible. ​We will help analyze what occurred.

We look forward to assisting you.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
      Hello trader24211341,

Thank you for your inquiry.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry ever involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

With regard to the simulation behavior that you are referring to, I'd like to look into it further so that we can get a better understanding of the sequence of events. To do this, we'd like to review your log and trace files. You can send us your log and trace files from within the platform by going to Help > Email Support. When sending us this message, please include a detailed description of what was occurring, please also include order number and time that it most recently occurred if possible. ​We will help analyze what occurred.

We look forward to assisting you.
      It happened today on my live account, I sent a request into support as requested, thanks for your attention.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DanielTynera  
      Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
      9 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post yertle