Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rollover / Contract calendar

Hello,

I had a NT bookmark for future contracts calendar events for rollover. With the latest NT update, the bookmark is no longer working.
    Futures calendar​ (https://ninjatrader.com/blog/trade-desk-calendar/ - takes you to page on margins)

Is there an updated link for such? I did not find one.

To anyone reading, do you have a link for a contract calendar page?
    Found this, https://www.investing.com/futures-expiration-calendar/ It's good but I don't think it lists the last trade date where you need to start using the next contract, like the NT Blog calendar did.

Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Matt

Hello,

In order to increase visibility to news events that may have a market impact, we have moved the Trade Desk calendar directly to the account dashboard (found below).

To access, simply log in to your account dashboard and the calendar appears on the right-hand section of the main page. For our full Margin Policy, see below:

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Locking up the calendar behind a login wall, and not leaving the calendar immediately accessible as it was, does not increase visibility. If NT left the calendar accessible as it was and also added the calendar to the account dashboard, then that would actually increase calendar visibility.

I don't want to have to login to look at the calendar. The calendar was fine where it was, directly accessible by bookmarkable website link. As it was before, there should be a link to the calendar on the new website. This is just common sense and should not even be an issue now.​

Comment

Thank you, NinjaTrader_RyanS. That is exactly what I was looking for!

Now, if we could just put it back into a calendar format, that would be better as it is much easier and faster to ascertain the date of events relative to today. The list works on the Home/Dashboard page, but when I click on See All, a traditional matrix/box calendar view (as you had before) would be preferred. Please submit feedback for consideration.

As to Lancer's point. He is right. Also, it would make more sense from a web search/SEO point to have the calendar page public. A public page would bring more traders to NinjaTrader.com!

Kind regards,
        Matt

Comment

I don't know if it is possibly the case that NinjaTrader ultimately intends to put account-specific things into the calendar (e.g., "Your CME exchange subscriptions renew" or "your monthly NinjaTrader subscription renews") in the future in addition to events that affect everyone equally... if that is not the case and the calendar will contain only the same events for everyone, then it seems it would gather more viewers for NinjaTrader (more clicks onto their site, exposing new people to NinjaTrader) if they were to keep it outside the sign-in wall.
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

It does not have to be one or the other. Make outside show public events, and inside show public+personal. It's just code.

Thanks.
            Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
            jeronymite
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
              It does not have to be one or the other. Make outside show public events, and inside show public+personal. It's just code.
              That's a good idea. If there's going to be account-specific information inside the portal, just put a public calendar outside the portal that does not have any.
              Bruce DeVault
              QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usglucofreeze, Today, 01:19 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post usglucofreeze  
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:12 AM