Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New Website -- Where are the links for Free Data feeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader_Ray Thank you for this sound decision. My customers and I are relieved. Much appreciated!

If I may push the bounds, what is really needed now is the ability to connect to any Forex broker of choice. This need not compete with NinjaTrader Brokerage, since that is for Futures. This is not a trivial "oh by the way" ask -- it stems from customers who really want to use NinjaTrader and my software to trade Forex, but cannot because the brokers they use are not supported. Once again, I hope NinjaTrader Management will see the wisdom of this and make it possible. It holds potential for significant revenue for NinjaTrader through additional subscribed users.

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

What was the wrap up on all this? Can we still get free live forex data on a lifetime license and which brokers will I be able to use to trade live forex?

Comment

Hello Webnut,

US clients can use NinjaTrader to trade spot forex by opening an account with Forex.com. International clients can trade spot forex by opening an account with CityIndex. Connecting to an account with one of these brokers will also provide live forex data that you can use within the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

Based on comments by NinjaTrader_Ray above, as well as existing documentation, the currently supported Forex brokers are IB, FOREX.com (called City Index outside US) and FXCM (non-US only).

That leads to asking when FXCM will re-instate Demo accounts for NinjaTrader? FXCM acknowledges that live accounts can now be used, but says Demo accounts for NinjaTrader are still not available again. They were available and they are essential. When will they become available again?

Thanks.
          jeronymite

Comment

Am I right, that with new version 8.1.x.x, I have to, at least, pay non-activity fee on futures NT account because I'm trading with forex broker with unsupported NT connection? funny
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ToNovy View Post
              Am I right, that with new version 8.1.x.x, I have to, at least, pay non-activity fee on futures NT account because I'm trading with forex broker with unsupported NT connection? funny
              Nothing has changed in terms of pricing with the latest version so no, there would be no new fee to pay.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post

Nothing has changed in terms of pricing with the latest version so no, there would be no new fee to pay.
                OK thank you for answer
                I noticed today, that I can login to an expired sim account. (I didn't expect it to be possible)
                So I tried in the new version of NT 8.1.1.1 on a virtual machine connection to Ninjatrader data feed. But it gives me error - wrong password or username. On the main PC with NT 8.0.26.1 and with the same credentials, data source works fine.
                Where am I making mistake?​

Comment

Hello ToNovy,

There are several variables that could cause this behavior. To further troubleshoot this, please send a note to support[AT]ninjarader[DOT]com to create a support case with our Client Services team.

Comment

NinjaTrader, as asked above, please advise when FXCM will re-instate Demo accounts for NinjaTrader. Demo accounts are an essential element in sound trading practice, particularly in Forex.

Thanks.
                    jeronymite

Comment

Was there a resolution to this...It's been nearly a month since the last post here. I upgraded to the latest version and now I get the "User or Connection doesn't exist (Panic)" error message.
                      Are we getting free FXCM demo data?

Comment

Hello maxshafiq-forum,

FXCM live accounts can still be connected with Multi-provider mode.

The data would be provided with your funded NinjaTrader account.

From my understanding, demos are not available from FXCM.

Please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader.com for assistance.
                        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post SantoshXX  
                        Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes