v8.1.1.0 Server Side ATM and Stop Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8.1.1.0 Server Side ATM and Stop Location

I didn't see it stated explicitly in the release notes, so please clarify where stops are stored when using Server Side ATM.
    Are the stops stored and managed on a stop server, or are they still stored on the local machine where they will fail to trigger if the local PC's internet connection is lost?

Server side ATM stops are held at the exchange. This is also true using client side ATM's. Stop loss orders are always submitted and held at the exchange. Thus, if your PC internet connection is lost your stop order is still working.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the quick response, but this is not what I was told a couple of years ago when I asked where stops were held. So, do you know when this change was made?
      I have tried to keep up with release notes so that I would know when that specific feature update was implemented, given that I complained pretty vigorously when I was told that only manually created stops were sent to the exchange, but that those from ATM strategies were held locally on the PC which required an active internet connection in order to trigger the stop. I never saw any update about this in the release notes that have been posted since that time. Did I just overlook the note about that change when it was implemented?

Comment

Hi,

As the original developer of NinjaTrader twenty years ago this June, ATM strategies have always worked in this manner, meaning stops loss orders rest at the exchange. I am sorry that somewhere along the line you were provided an answer that contradicted its actual behavior. What is true is that local client-side ATM's cannot submit your stop loss and profit target orders (bracket) if your entry order is still working while you encounter a connection loss. Our new server-side ATM's available with v 8.1 does not have this limitation since the trigger/submission logic for your bracket(s) are working on the server.

Comment

Ray, thank you so much for clarifying this for me!

If I understand your comments correctly, with client side ATM's, the only risk of having an active order in the market without the intended stop loss, is to have the market reach the entry price of the working order after losing the Internet connection, which would result in the order being filled but without the bracket order being sent to the exchange. Additionally, you're saying that this cannot happen with server side ATM's.

If this summary is correct, then I was NOT misinformed, I just misunderstood.

Comment

Your understanding is now correct

Comment

Exellent! So, after upgrading to v8.1 would there be any advantages in continuing to use the client side ATM?

Also, am I correct to assume that the web and mobile platforms will only be able to use the server side ATM, even in SIM?

Thanks again
              Zerman

Comment

Server side ATM with the Desktop is in Beta, so temporarily if you are uncomfortable using it, you can use the client side ATM, apart from that, we would expect most users to take advantage of server side ATM's. Web and mobile only use server side ATMs.

Comment

What is the update on this? I see 8.1 has this option greyed out and its still in beta?

Comment

Hello TraderMatt83,

Thank you very much for your post.

If the option is greyed out it means it would not be supported by your current connection.

If you are a NinjaTrader client, please ensure you use the "NinjaTrader" (not NinjaTrader Continuum) connection in combination with your NinjaTrader Dashboard credentials, as only this connection would currently support this.

If you are already using this connection and still can't enable it, please send us your log & trace files and we can best assist you further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief "ATTN Manfred" note in the message.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!​
                    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by TraderMatt83 View Post
                      What is the update on this? I see 8.1 has this option greyed out and its still in beta?
                      For me, while using v8.1 desktop, the SS ATM option was grayed out because I still had Tools-->>Options-->>General-->>Preferences-->>Multi-provider selected (probably the default, since I don't recall setting it). And the v8.1 release notes do state that you cannot use the SS ATM functionality when the Multi-provider option is enabled. So if this fits your situation, just disable Multi-provider and restart NT.

As far as still being in beta, I guess it's just not quite ready for a full release yet.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post pibrew
                      by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes