Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Webplatform datafeed with Kinetick? and prop firms ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webplatform datafeed with Kinetick? and prop firms ?

Just wondering about the new web platform.
    I have the NinjaTrader desktop multi-broker lifetime license with a realtime data feed of kinetic
    Can I use that kinetic datafeed with the web platform or do I need a ninjatrader datafeed ?

Next question.. can we trade prop accounts like leeloo/apex/... with the web platform ?

looking forward to your response
    Erwin
    EB Worx
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Hello,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Kinetick data will not be supported in the Web Platform. The web platform will be based on the subscriptions for market data that you have on your NinjaTrader Account.

For prop firms, each one would be different. Please reach out to the prop firm directly to see if they are supporting web or desktop version of their connection.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dennis View Post
      Please reach out to the prop firm directly to see if they are supporting web or desktop version of their connection.
      Can a prop firm support both the web and desktop version for their connection?

I mean, are you saying it's strictly a 'one or the other, but not both' situation?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Some prop firms will continue to remain on NinjaTrader Desktop. Others will be able to use the Web Platform. We do not have an exact list of which providers are using each tool however the provider itself will be able to provide you with the correct information regarding their firm and which platform is supported for use with them.

Comment

You didn't answer the question.

Are prop firms being forced to choose one or the other?
          Can a prop firm offer both?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

They will be choosing one or the other.

Comment

bltdavid
              Are prop firms being forced to choose one or the other?
              Can a prop firm offer both?​
              NinjaTrader_Dennis
              They will be choosing one or the other.
              Really?! If I have sold software to traders who trade in a Prop firm and that firm decides to only offer Web, not Desktop, suddenly, all my customers are disenfranchised?!

This is not a simple case of "simply migrate the software to the Web version". The platforms are very different, and AddOns are not supported on Web, and may never be. Even if they are, migration presumably means rewriting in JavaScript. 120K+ lines of complex C# code. ... REALLY?!

I'm surely not the only vendor who might be so adversely affected?

I'm sure there are many good things in this transformation, but this aspect is definitely not one of them!

Thanks.
              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
              jeronymite
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

That's a real bummer indeed.
                We too are selling packages specifically targeted at prop firm traders
                So if Apex or Leeloo (just to name the biggest out there) decide to move to the web, then our customers lose the ability to use these indicators for trading prop firms?

All in all, it feels like this entire new release and new web platform was rushed to the market without much consideration for your customers and vendors

Just to name a few things:
                - breaking changes causing all our indicators (and from other vendors as well) to stop working. Luckily you guys fixed this already
                - no pre-release (web or desktop) for vendors, meaning we were unable to port our most popular indicators to the web platform. So traders who are now looking at the platform will be disappointed since they cannot use their favorite indicators
                - no option for vendors for us to protect, license & sell web indicators
                - afaik not possible to create automated strategies on the web platform, let alone sell them (correct me if I'm wrong)
                - not possible to use my existing (kinetic) data feed on the web platform. Ninja now forces me and other customers to cancel my Kinetick subscription and get ninja's own data feed
                - not possible to trade prop firm accounts in the web version

Erwin
                Tradedevils Indicators
                EB Worx

Comment

Originally posted by EB Worx View Post
                  - not possible to trade prop firm accounts in the web version
                  Well, if this particular one is true, I can't imagine any prop firms
                  will be migrating to the web version anytime soon.

Why?
                  It's a no-brainer for prop firms to 100% ignore the web version,
                  because they can't 'move' their customers to it.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I spoke with a member of our EcoSystem team and to clarify, nothing has changed with how we operate with Evaluation Services/Prop firms. All vendors will continue to have NinjaTrader Desktop. Some vendors we operate with have already launched the ability to offer both NinjaTrader Desktop and NinjaTrader web as an enhancement to their existing setup. Vendors are not forced to choose web-only or desktop-only.

I hope this clarifies this further.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Dennis; 03-05-2023, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I spoke with a member of our EcoSystem team and to clarify, nothing has changed with how we operate with Evaluation Services/Prop firms. All vendors will continue to have NinjaTrader Desktop. Some vendors we operate with have already launched the ability to offer both NinjaTrader Desktop and NinjaTrader web as an enhancement to their existing setup. Vendors are not forced to choose web-only or desktop-only.

Thanks for clearing this up.
                      Very weird that customers now will be forced to make a decision between the web or desktop version when opening a prop firm accoun.
                      Why can't we just trade the same accounts we have in both desktop & web versions?

Erwin
                      Tradedevils Indicators
                      EB Worx

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

But is this true when our products cannot be used on the web or phone/tablet versions? If a trader is using custom indicators on the desktop and cannot use the same on the web/phone/tablet, how useful are these additional platform options??
                        eDanny
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Bidder
                        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM