Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart trader order paddles to reference your entry location, NOT current market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart trader order paddles to reference your entry location, NOT current market?

I trade on bar size using a tick chart, so my risk is always different on every trade. Im trying to figure out a way to have the order paddles refrence my entry location, not the current market price.

I would like to enter a trade using the ATM, then adjust my risk and have it show me in ticks how far or close I am from my entry point, not the market. Right now if I enter a long position and price moves up, and I go to adjust my stoploss, its showing me on the chart how far I am from the current price instead of where I entered. Market goes up 6 ticks, and as soon as I go to move my stop, the numbers are moving with the market.

Does anyone know how to fix this or if there is an indicator that can resolve this? Im a scalper and my trades are usually fast so the most accurate way to do this would be to have the chart trader show me this in real time.

Hello JesseOffshore,

Unfortunately there is no setting in ChartTrader to change this. The ghost order shows the number of ticks away from the inside market. Please see the link below.

I suggest to check the publicly available NinjaTrader ecosystem website for any custom created add-ons from other users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party add-ons (Trading Indicators) that offer the functionality you seek.
    Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find what you need, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer at the following link to create a custom add-on for you.
    Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses