Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying Strategy to Charts

Good morning,

I have a couple questions about applying a strategy to charts.

How can I have a strategy stay active when I type a new symbol into a chart with an active strategy?

How can I have my account be the default account in for a strategy and not the Sim account?

How can I save a strategy in a template so it is on every chart?

How can I save a strategy on a chart so when I open my workspace with several charts the strategy is already loaded?

Also a side question, I have grid lines set to black in my market analyzer but I can't seem to get them to show up is there a separate setting?

Thank you very much for the help,
    Ryan

Hello Tonkingrf1551,

How can I have a strategy stay active when I type a new symbol into a chart with an active strategy?
    You can't, the strategy is using the series from that chart. If you change the series the strategy will be disabled and re enabled on the new series/instrument. To run a strategy and prevent it from being changed you either need to avoid changing the chart series or run the strategy from the control center strategies tab.

How can I have my account be the default account in for a strategy and not the Sim account?
    The sim account is selected by default,
    The account is only saved on already configured instances of strategies. There is not a way to set a default account for the selection.

How can I save a strategy in a template so it is on every chart?
    That would not be possible, strategies are meant to be individually applied and configured as a manual action. That is part of the expected flow of how strategies work, the intention is to prevent accidental trading. Applying and enabling a strategy is a deliberate action because it can cause losses if not controlled.

Code:
    How can I save a strategy on a chart so when I open my workspace with several charts the strategy is already loaded?
    You would need to apply the strategy to the chart and then save the workspace. You will need to re enable the strategy each time you want to have it working, strategies don't re enable by themselves.

Also a side question, I have grid lines set to black in my market analyzer but I can't seem to get them to show up is there a separate setting?
    ​The grid lines are vertical lines inbetween the columns, if you have them black you may not be able to differentiate that from the skin background color. I would suggest using something like hot pink so you can visibly see where the grid lines are and then change it back to black to see the difference.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse, Thanks for the reply. In concerns to your first response, I am good with it disabling and re enabling on the new symbol. However it does not re enable for me, it just gets removed from the chart. Is there a way for it to auto re enable on the new symbol?

Thank you, Ryan

Comment

Hello Tonkingrf1551,

Are you seeing an error in the control center log?

A strategy by default can be switched between instruments and saved with the workspace after it had been configured and enabled.

When you change the chart you should see the strategy is disabled and then re enabled on the same chart.

Comment

Jesse, After restart it seems to not be producing the problem any longer. As to the grid lines in the market analyzer I was looking to have horizontal gridlines to separate each instruments. Is this possible to do?

Comment

Hello Tonkingrf1551,

It looks like there is not a specific setting for that in the analyzer. I will need to review this to see if its possible to set that grid color, it appears that this is part of the skin file so changing the gridlines may affect all of the datagrids in the platform. If I can locate a way to change that I will update this post later today with the details on that, otherwise I will update this to let you know if its not possible.

Comment

Hello Tonkingrf1551,

Just to follow up, I was unable to see a specific property for the horizontal grid lines for the analyzer. That may be able to be controlled somewhere in the skin blueprint however it would be for all data grids and not just the analyzer. Unfortunately I am not sure what the property name for that would be called to locate it in the skin file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bidder
              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
              4 responses