Default Days to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Days to load

Is there a way to change the default days a chart loads from 5 to a bigger number?

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.​

The Days to Load setting is tied to the Data Series. Saving Templates in Ninja Trader 8 will allow you to easily recall the custom settings made to a specific window at any time.

To save a Chart Template in Ninja Trader 8, do the following:
    • Right-click in the Chart window > hover over 'Templates' > you will then have the options to 'Load', 'Save as', or 'Save as Default'
    • Selecting 'Save As' will allow you to rename, remove, or save the current Chart as a Template that you will be able to recall on other Charts with the 'Load' option
    • Selecting 'Save as Default' will make this chart the template that automatically opens for all future Chart windows.
    Note: The steps outlined above for saving Chart Templates may be applied to most other windows on the platform as well, including the SuperDOM and Market Analyzer. You may also right-click on the top bar of any window to create a Duplicate of it as well.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide - Charts > Saving Chart Defaults and Templates

As always, feel free to write to us with any additional questions you may have. Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader.
    Kimberly H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks but i have done that, i saved a chart with 28 days data loaded as a template and set it as 'Defualt' template. I tried opening a new chart using both templates and both still loaded 5 days of data. Why isn't it working? I would like the Defualt template to enforce the bigger number of days.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.​

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files. Please attach the files to an email to [email protected], including “03726296 ATTN Kimberly H” in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body, so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
        • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.​
        Kimberly H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, will do

Comment

ok, will do

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
            8 responses