Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ver 8.0.27.1 market replay data issue?

Hi

I´m not sure if the following is a bug in the latest version NT 8.0.27.1 but it seems to me. I downloaded UK100 daily data via the FXCM feed as I always did in previous versions of NT without any issues, but now although the downloaded data is shown in the local folder it does not actually display it, please see attached screenshot for this issue.

Could you please check it out and let me know?

Thanks for your support.
    Attached Files

Hello juartur,

Thank you for the message.

I was able to download the market replay data for this instrument and play it back in the Playback connection.

Please follow along with this video I made that goes over using the Market Replay data on the Playback connection for a review of the process and in case I mention anything in there that resolves your inquires:
    • https://www.screencast.com/t/r2GaNt5V
      • (There has been an update since I recorded this video that combined the "Historical Data" window into one view. Otherwise, everything else is fundamentally the same)

Some things to be aware of when using the Playback Connection:
    • Make sure you actually have market replay data downloaded for the specific Instrument, Contract, and Date that you are looking at
      • If you downloaded the 1st, 2nd, and then accidentally skipped the 3rd and then downloaded the 4th and 5th, it would look like it wasn't working on the 3rd for that instrument and contract specifically
      • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Historical Data > Click the + next to Market Replay > Click the + next to the Instrument and then Expiry/Contract > Make sure you have the date and specific time you are looking at downloaded
    • Make sure you are not looking at a time the Instrument isn't traded, a Saturday, or a Holiday
    • Make sure the Chart or Window has the correct Instrument and Expiry/Contract selected
    • If looking at a Chart and SuperDOM and the SuperDOM is moving but the chart isn't, check the Trading Hours Template on the chart:
      • Right-click on the Chart > Data Series > Properties > Time frame > Trading hours > Set this to "Default 24x7" and click OK
      • Right-click on the Chart and select "Reload all historical data"
    • If the chart is still not working:
      • Create a New Chart and make it a 1 Minute chart
      • Set the Trading Hours Template to "Default 24x7"
      • Make sure "Template" in the top right is set to <None>
      • Click OK to make this chart
        • Does it load in and move as expected?
        • If you open the Chart Trader panel, does it show the Ask and Bid values updating or just 0's
          • If the values are updating, this means there should be moving data
          • If the values show 0's there is no market data downloaded for that specific Instrument, Contract, and Time/Date
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply. The issue still persists.

Have you tested it with the same instrument and broker, i.e. "@UK100" FXCM ?

Please take a look again at the screenshot I provided in my previous message, the data files are downloaded and available in the NT database folder, so it is not a problem of connectivity or data availability.

The issue is that these particular files are not displayed under the list "Historical Data" -> "Market Replay". Other instruments such as "ETHUSD" and "EURUSD" of the same broker work fine, the issue is with that particular instrument "@UK100", however that was working perfectly well in previous versions of NT. So, I assume that something must have changed in NT version 8.0.27.1 that now it does not recognize those files even when downloaded.

Regards

Comment

Hello juartur,

Thank you for the message.

How did you get these market replay files?
        • If you went to the Control Center > Tools > Historical Data > Expand the "Get market replay" section > Then downloaded the Market Replay data, this Market Replay data is coming from NinjaTrader Brokerage's servers.
        • It doesn't matter what connection is active in the platform, the Market Replay data is downloaded from NinjaTrader Brokerage's servers
          • If you were to download Historical Data, then that would have come from the broker/market data provider you are connected to at the time.
        Please perform the following steps to re-download the data and see if the new files work as expected:
        • Close NinjaTrader
        • Go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > db > Replay > Delete the Replay files for the @UK100
        • Reopen NinjaTrader and re-download the Market Replay data for the @UK100 and then see if it plays back as expected.

If the behavior continues, I can see that One Drive is backing up the files and folders within your NinjaTrader Installation and this could be affecting the platform's ability to call upon and use those files.
        • If One Drive is looking at or backing up a file, it is possible the NinjaTrader platform cannot access it and will create unwanted behaviors
        • If the Market replay continues not working, then we could provide the steps to Stop One Drive from backing up the Documents folder and then reinstall the platform to see if the Market Replay works as expected.
        • Do not just uninstall One Drive as that does not fix it. If this needs to be done, let us know and we will provide specific steps.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Hi

I downloaded the files exactly as you have described, with and without using NinjaTrader Brokerage connection. It makes no difference, the files are not displayed in Historical Data->Market Replay>@UK100

This time I have also tried exactly the same scenario but with the older version 8.0.25.0 of NinjaTrader and it works as expected, see picture attached.

Let me to point out again that this issue only occurs with this particular instrument and in NT 8.0.27.1.

Regards
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello juartur,

Thank you for the update.

I am not aware of any other users of 8.0.27.1 reporting this issue and when I tested it within my platform which is 8.0.27.1, it worked as expected.

If there is actually a bug with the 8.0.27.1 platform that needs to be addressed, it would be best for us to get your files and information so we can have our development team take a look and see why it is happening so they could resolve the behavior in a future update.

Please upgrade back to 8.0.27.1 and test if the behavior continues. If yes, please use the steps below to send your log and trace files into the support team directly so we may investigate this behavior further and report it as a bug if we are unable to narrow in on a cause.
            • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
            • Select: Platform Technical Support
            • Enter your email as this is what we will respond to
            • Enter the subject as: Clayton ATTN 03724835"
            • Include any additional information in the Body as desired
            • Ensure the "Log and trace files" box is checked
              • Send the email
            ​Please send the requested files if this behavior continues after updating to the most recent version of NinjaTrader again.

Comment

Hi

Sorry to insist with this but I´m sure there´s an issue here because I´ve done the following test .. I downloaded a @UK100 historical file dated yesterday and it isn´t working on Market Replay UK100, up to here same behavior as before, but then I have copied the same file across on to the ETHUSD DB folder and it actually recognizes it as Historical Data and also it displays on the ETHUSD chart. How weird is that?​

Comment

Hello juartur,

Thank you for the update.

As previously mentioned, if this behavior continues happening, please use the extended steps below to send your log and trace files into the support team directly so we may investigate this behavior further and report it as a bug if we are unable to narrow in on a cause.
                • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
                • Select: Platform Technical Support
                • Enter your email as this is what we will respond to
                • Enter the subject as: Clayton ATTN 03724835"
                • Attach: You could take a video or screenshots of the steps you are taking attach it here. The "Attach" feature will only let you attach one file. If you have multiple, you could Send them to a Compressed folder and Attach the compressed folder.
                • Body: Include a step by step description of what you are doing so we can repeat the process exactly and see if we experience the same behavior.
                • Expand "Other Files"
                  • Check the box next to "Log and trace files"
                  • And, "Chart Data"
                • Send the email
                We look forward to receiving your email and resolving your inquiry.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by set2win, 08-04-2021, 09:23 AM
                39 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post WaleeTheRobot  
                Started by md4866, Today, 08:15 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes