Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

placing targets and stops before order gets filled

Hello,

Is there a way to draw in the targets and stops before the 'main order' gets filled? I know i can specify prices in the ATM strategy but is there a way to do it like drawing in price levels? I also know i can use separate Stop orders for that but my problem with those is that they wil get triggered even if the trade didn't happen (limit wasnt touched) so i get in an unwanted position.

greetings,

Hello Bert1995,

Thank you for your post.
    This is not possible due to how ATM Strategies are designed.
    The Stop Loss and Profit Target orders will only be sent after the entry has been made, and the platform has received an update of your position from your broker's servers.
    Eduardo R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oke thanks for your reply.

So the only way to achieve predetermined stop and target levels is to modify the ATM strategy with the price levels typed into it?

Comment

Hello Bert1995,

Thank you very much for your reply.

At the current time, this is correct. The way the ATM strategy behaves is that it submits the exit orders (Stop Loss and Profit Target) once the entry fills, based on the ATM strategy settings.

Please don't hesitate to let us know, should you have any further questions!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay i understand. Then i have a followup question: What if i place an order with a ATM strategy attached to it but this order is still pending, then i want to place another order on a different spot as well but with a different ATM strategy attached. Is that possible, if the first order gets filled does it get the first ATM strategy and if the second order gets filled does this one get the second ATM strategy?

Comment

Hello Bert1995,

Thank you very much for your reply.

This would indeed be possible. The platform provides a feature called the "ATM Strategy Selection Mode" that changes the behavior of whether the active strategy is selected after a submission, or a new template.

If you submit an additional order to the active strategy, you would only scale into or out of this strategy. However, if you select the template itself, a second order would be submitted that runs on a new, individual strategy.

You may even expand on this by connecting both entry orders, e.g. creating a buy order above and below the market. Regardless of which order then triggers, the corresponding ATM strategy would submit.

I've recently recorded a video that demonstrates it, you may find it below:

World's leading screen capture + recorder from Snagit + Screencast by Techsmith. Capture, edit and share professional-quality content seamlessly.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. Your video is very clear, i get it now

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
              4 responses
              1 like
              Last Post jgualdronc  
              Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM