Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charts Crashing: Write lock may not be acquired with read lock held.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a while now since we heard about the fix. Any updates on the release date?

Comment

I asked about it in a separate thread.

Over a year ago, I wrote the following post about Ninjatrader charts crashing regularly: Charts Crashing: Write lock may not be acquired with read lock held. - NinjaTrader Support Forum (https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/ninjatrader-8/platform-technical-support-aa/1235773-charts-crashing-write-lock-may-not-be-acquired-with

Very frustrating. And concerning that it's coming up on 4 months since the last release. I know from almost 10 years of experience with NT that the longer the time between releases the more buggy the release is.

8.0.27.0 which introduced the crashing problem is a prime example - released 7 months after the previous and was an extremely buggy build that we are still suffering the consequences of.

Originally posted by Borgen View Post
      Been a while now since we heard about the fix. Any updates on the release date?

Comment

It is even more frustrating that they won't fix this bug for the 8.0 version.

Comment

02-02-2024, 01:42 PM
          Hello,

A fix has been slated for the next public release of NinjaTrader Desktop. At this time there is no planned release date but I will update this thread when a release is available for download.​

Quote above Posted by Ryan S in this forum.

I believe this release is just days away. The pre release notification to vendors was emailed it seems a few weeks ago. It mention a issue with one of the non time based candlesticks (which I hopes fixes the issue across all NON time based candlesticks). Guess we hopefully will see very soon.

Comment

Two NT workspace freezes again today, totally killing productivity. I can't tell you how pissed off I am about this continuing freezing problem and it not being fixed for, what, almost a year now? WTF!!!

Comment

I feel the same way. And it's 18 months since the bug was released. 14 months since I reported it. I'm stuck using an almost 2 year old version of the platform because of this.

I don't know why they can't release a patch given the severity of the issue.

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
              Two NT workspace freezes again today, totally killing productivity. I can't tell you how pissed off I am about this continuing freezing problem and it not being fixed for, what, almost a year now? WTF!!!

Comment

Not sure what the hold up is on the next release. The pre release to vendors who give back input and help find bugs before official release (to try and fix any unknown issues prior) happen about 8 weeks ago. I have heard the fix is in the release.

Comment

Hello,

The new release should be available from our website for download later today.

Thank you all for your patience on this item.
                  Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The new release is now available for download:

NinjaTrader Version 8.1.3.0 is available for download. Release Notes (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpguides/nt8/8_1_3_0.htm) Log in to download (https://account.ninjatrader.com/welcome)​
                    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm also tired of the two-year-old lock problem that freezes the charts.

I have NT8 8.1.1.7 on a Windows Server 2012 VPS.

I've moved over to a Windows Server 2022 with NT8 8.0.26.1 installed.

That version is the last before the lock problems started.

You can keep the latest releases.

I'm only upgrading the NT platform once this lock problem has been fixed.​

Comment

Has anyone tried the new release yet? Any issues? Any crashes?
                        I usually hold-off upgrading for a week and monitor the forums for any day-one issues. But I've not seen anything so may upgrade this week sometime.

Comment

Pleased to report that I've been using the new release 8.1.3.0 for the last few days with no crashing and no other issues. Seems like a very stable release to me.

Comment

kevinenergy - thanks for posting. Have you used it with any of the problematic bar types (unirenko, volume, etc)? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the install; just curious.

Comment

I was using the same bars type that I was using when I started this thread and reported the problem. They are custom non-time-based bars similar to the ones you mentioned.

I have about 15 charts visible on various screens using these bars and have absolutely no issues with the new release. Feels rock solid stable and performs well like 8.0.26.1.

I made a backup of my Documents/Ninjatrader 8 folder in cases of any issues so I could roll back quickly but there was no problems. The upgrade from 8.0.26.1 to 8.1.3.0 was seamless.

Originally posted by jculp View Post
                              kevinenergy - thanks for posting. Have you used it with any of the problematic bar types (unirenko, volume, etc)? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the install; just curious.
                              Last edited by kevinenergy; 04-24-2024, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kenz987, Today, 10:20 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kenz987
                              by kenz987

Started by llanqui, Today, 09:59 AM
                              1 response