Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bars all of a sudden started building incorrectly using CME RTH template.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bars all of a sudden started building incorrectly using CME RTH template.

Hello.

I've never noticed this problem before, so I'm not sure when it started, or if it has always happened and I just didn't notice?

But here, a video I started after the CME open @9:30EST. At the start of the video, the SECOND bar should be printing. However, it gets stuck on the FIRST bar. I tried to show my clock, but my OBS cropping must be off. But the current time is beyond 9:35, but still on the 9:30 bar.

in the vid, you can also see the bar timer gets broken, and so does the default price line indicator(yellow horizontal lines) that ships with NT.

I tried switching bar intervals, and upon a switch back to the 5 min chart, you can see the 2nd bar pops up.

Near the end, I reconnect the data feed, and then the bars build properly, and both the priceline and bar timer pop back up.

Is there a known cause of such an issue. I just updated NT this morning, and that didn't seem to solve the issue.

The video is short and can be watched at x2 speed.

Thanks,
    FP

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
    Last edited by forrestang; 02-15-2023, 10:28 AM.

Hello forrestang,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sometimes, when we see behavior like this, it is due to the PC clock being out of sync. Let's make sure to resync your PC clock just in case.

Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Date, Time, and regional formatting' -> Then click 'Additional date, time, and regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)

After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data. Additionally, you may want to clear your chart data cache and historical minute data in the event that there may be some corrupt data somewhere.

To delete the cache, follow the steps below;
    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
    • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
    • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
    • Delete the sub-folder named 'minute'.
    • Restart NinjaTrader and test.
    ​Please let us know if the issue persists after following the steps above.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Howdy Zachary.

I tried all the steps. Shutdown NT, resynced clock(was original set on windows time, switched to one listed in post), cleared cache, reloaded historical after reconnection to data feed.

UNfortunately, I still got the same error today and have had to disconnect and reconnect the feed. Is it possible my NT feed from NT broker might be having issues, or does my problem seem to be platform related?

Comment

Hello forrestang,

I'd be happy to help you with this, but do need a bit more information before I can determine a resolution. I'd like to review your log and trace files. Since these contain personal data, I'd prefer that we continue working on this issue via email.

Please follow the steps below to send in your log and trace files with a support case so I may investigate this matter further:
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center > Help > Email Support and ensuring "Log and Trace files" is checked > Please also expand "Other files" > Check the box next to "Workspace files and UI settings".
        • Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief "ATTN Kennedy" note in the message along with a link to this forum post.
        Thank you in advance, I look forward to assisting further!​
        Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post JoMoon2024  
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses