NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 Crashes on Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 Crashes on Startup

In one of my computers (where NT was running normally until yesterday) NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 suddenly crashes on startup.
    After the initial splash screen, NinjaTrader crashes immediately with no info on the screen.

The last record inside the file: Documents/NinjaTrader 8/trace/ trace***.txt is the line:
    ERROR: Failed to restore NTWindow 'NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Chart': Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

The computer OS is : Windows 10 Pro x64 – 22H2 and all Windows updates until today are already installed.
    The hardware is DELL Intel Core i5 with 16Gb of RAM.

To save your time, I can tell you what checks & actions I have already done:
    1. I have made a full antivirus check with my antivirus (Avast) and the system is clean
    2. I have checked that there is normal and free access to the Documents folder
    3. I have checked the Firewall (Windows) and NT is not blocked by any firewall rules
    4. I have checked my network connection and it works normally
    5. I have made health checks to my system, and it has no problems of any kind
    6. I have finally fully uninstalled NinjaTrader and cleaned the Windows Registry from any traces of it
    7. I have checked that the previous NT folders in Documents & Program Files have been deleted
    8. I have made a new clean installation of NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 and I have again inserted my passwords for the NT itself and CQG.NinjaTrader Continuum (Live).
    To my surprise, the fresh new installation of NT continues to crash on startup , immediately after the initial splash screen, just like the previous installed NT.
    Again, the last record inside the Documents/NinjaTrader 8/trace/ trace***.txt is the same line:
    ERROR: Failed to restore NTWindow 'NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Chart': Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I have tried to open NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 in Safe Mode and that worked, up to the point to show the Control Center window.
    After trying to open a New -> Chart , then NinjaTrader crashes immediately after setting the parameters of the Chart and click OK.

No new software has been installed in that system since the last time NT worked normally.
    No virus exists, and no other problem I can detect in any other program in that computer.
    They all are working normally except NinjaTrader.

Could you help me finding a solution ?
    Last edited by KonstantinosNT; 02-12-2023, 12:25 PM.

Hello KonstantinosNT,

Can you please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files (from the computer in question) in an email, so I may investigate the issue. You can send the email to "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com". Please put 'Att Jason, 03707104' in the subject field of the email.
    • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

thanks for replying. I have sent you the files:
      log.zip
      trace.zip
      I hope you will find a solution to the problem.

Comment

The suggested setting: <ShowDefaultWorkspaces>false</ShowDefaultWorkspaces> (inside the file: Documents/Ninja Trader 8/Config.xml) has no effect.

NinjaTrader (completely new - clean installation of version 8.0.27.1) crashes at startup just the same, regardless of this setting being true or false.​

Comment

After downloading and installing the Microsoft Live Updates for Windows System and .NET Framework that were released on 14. Feb.2023, the problem of the Platform crashing on startup, eventually solved. NinjaTrader is working normally.

Comment

KonstantinosNT thanks for taking the time to report this information to the Community

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ageeholdings  
            Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post pibrew