getting real-time data from NEO exchange on NT8 via IB TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting real-time data from NEO exchange on NT8 via IB TWS

How do I get real time data from NEO exchange on NT8 via IB TWS ?

I can get data real time data on NT8 from IB TWS with other exchange right now but dont see NEO exchange anywhere in NT8 ? do you have to add it on your side to set it up ?

NEO is a canadian exchange : https://www.neo.inc/en/services/market-data
    example of symbols that i want to get real time data for : https://www.neo.inc/en/services/rais...itary-receipts

NEO offers real time data via IB TWS but there is no way to look up a stock/ETF trading on NEO with NT8 right now ?

Thank you

Hello qewcool,

Unfortunately there is no Neo exchange selection present in NinjaTrader. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments. Double click any instrument and click the Exchanges field. This will show all exchanges present.

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
    • Set Currency to Canadian Dollar.
    • Enable only the Default exchange for the Exchanges setting.
    • Enter the same symbol in the Interactive Brokers row as you would in TWS followed by |NEO.
    For example, if the instrument symbol is AAA, you would enter AAA|NEO as symbol map.

If this will not work, please let me know and I will send a feature request to support the Neo exchange in the NinjaTrader platform.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post

If this will not work, please let me know and I will send a feature request to support the Neo exchange in the NinjaTrader platform.

Hi
      I tried to add the TSLA CDR trading on NEO following your instructions
      under IB TWS, it is listed as a stock under the symbol TSLA and you choose the option showing AEQLIT being the exchange.

so I tried adding it in NT8 using the mapping TSLA|AEQLIT and then again using TSLA|NEO
      on both tries, NT8 is giving the error you see in the attached images.

is this error something that is fixable or you need to send a feature request to add the Neo or AEQLIT exchange that is being used by IB TWS to identify the canadian CDRs ?

Attached Files
      Last edited by qewcool; 02-09-2023, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Can you please provide the instrument a different master instrument name than "TSLA" to address these errors. There is already the TSLA stock (Nasdaq) present by default.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Can you please provide the instrument a different master instrument name than "TSLA" to address these errors. There is already the TSLA stock (Nasdaq) present by default.
          I created the instrument using TSLA_CDR as the master instrument name but the symbol mapping when trying both TSLA|AEQLIT and TSLA|NEO is giving error when getting the data for a chart

see the screenshots.

Please advise.

Thank You.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have submitted supporting the Neo exchange as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5765. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
              0 responses