Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a daily chart indicator on an intraday chart

Hi,

I have an indicator that calculates based on daily chart data. How can I place these values / lines on an intraday chart without having to draw them manually?

The issue I have is that, in addition to the previous day's high and low, it uses the day before's close and the current day's open.

Regards

Kay Wai

Hello, thanks for writing in. The best example to look at is the PriorDayOHLC indicator, this is included with the platform. This does not add any 1 day series but it uses the primary series historical data to calculate the trading day values. The alternative to this would be to use Bars.GetDayBar():

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks ChrisL. That worked.

Comment

Hi ChrisL,

I've been able to draw lines with values calculated. Is it possible to have text drawn below those lines and to have them located at the extreme right of the chart, like in the fibonacci retracement tool in NT8?

Regards
        Kay Wai

Comment

Hello, thanks for the follow up. I have an example that labels all Horizontal lines on the chart here with their value (text).
          This indicator will read the horizontal lines that you have applied to a chart and display the price at which that line sits.

Kind regards,
          -ChrisL​

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Hi ChrisL,

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Will take a look and revert if I have any questions.

Thanks again.
            ​​​​​​​Kay Wai

Comment

Hi ChrisL,

I imported your LabeledHorizontalLines sharing this morning and tried it out. Unfortunately i can't get any labels on any of the horizontal lines. There isn't any message in the control center either. Please see attached and let me know if there is more information that you need.

Regards
              Kay Wai
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello, thanks for the follow up. It works for me using Horizontal Lines. It will only work on specifically Horizontal lines drawn onto the chart. Try testing both programmatically drawn lines with Draw.HorizontalLine and do it manually from the chart.

Comment

Hi ChrisL,

Draw.HorizontalLines worked perfectly! I had them on Draw.Lines.

Thanks again.

Regards
                  Kay Wai

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                  Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM