Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metadata files not found after re- installation of Apex Funding NT

Hi,

I have an existing NT8 account which I use custom indicators/strategies without incident for several years.

I recently subscribed to Apex funding to trade an additional account and naturally selected NT8 as my trading platform. My objective was to switch between these 2 account varying the license key and account name at login time. My preference is to only maintain one custom/source repository for indicators/strategies.

I installed via the links supplied by Apex: Rhythmic Trader Pro and NT 8 (dir ../Ninja Trader 8 Apex).

Assembly errors were received on install and the following compiler errors were determined as one of the causes.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	317
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1233600

Can someone please advise how to correct this problem and suggest how I should go about running both the Apex and native NT accounts, ideally using one source code base.

Thank you very much for all the great support provided.

glen

Hello demarcog,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Steps to Resolve Compile Errors
    1. Right-click within the NinjaScript Editor window and select "References".
    2. Locate and select the reference to the .dll file mentioned in the Error.
    3. Click "remove" to remove the reference.
    4. Click "OK" and recompile.
    ​Video Example of Resolution

If you are unable to resolve these errors using the steps above, you may need to run a repair to bring these files back as some of them should always be there with the default installation. To complete a repair, do the following:
    • Shut down NinjaTrader 8
    • Go to your computer's Control Panel > Programs & Features (Note: search for 'Control Panel' to find it within the Windows Start Menu. This will be a different window than the Settings page)
    • Left-click once on NinjaTrader 8 > select 'Repair' above the list of available programs
    • Restart the platform after it finishes repairing, and test for this behavior again.

Overall, you should never have to change NinjaTrader's installation location or files directly on your computer. If you are looking to connect to multiple Apex accounts simultaneously, they would have to be combined under a single login on their end as the platform can only have one Rithmic-based connection at a time.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the help. Here's what I did. Tried removing all the external references via "remove reference from all compilations". No luck, ran the repair still getting the error.

I uninstalled NT8 and reinstalled on top of my existing (non Apex) ../NinjaTrader 8/. Getting same message (see image). It's picking up the references for the ../Ninja Trader 8 Apex/. as you can see in the screen shot.

Appreciate your help and open to next steps.

Thanks again.

Views:	245
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1233858
      glen

Comment

Hello demarcog,

Thank you for your response.

If these errors still persist, please try the following:
        • Shut down NinjaTrader
        • Go to the Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder on your computer and rename the 'bin' folder to 'bin OLD'
        • Run the repair using the steps from our previous message above
        When you restart NinjaTrader, recompile in the NinjaScript Editor and there may be new errors in orange that should be resolvable using the steps in my original message. Once these errors are gone, you will need to re-import your add-ons from scratch, and always select 'No' if it asks to replace any existing files to avoid any conflicts in the future.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Justin,

I renamed the bin => bin.old, ran the repair, send into script editor excluded the flagged from compilation and the error messages reoccur. These errors are also preventing me from importing to ../bin.

Any suggestions?

thank you very much.

glen

Comment

Hello demarcog,

In addition to the steps above you may need to create a new Config file. Before doing so, please take note of your License Key in the Help > License Key window and your usernames/passwords in the Connections > configure window to quickly put them back into the platform after following these steps:

Shut down NinjaTrader > go to the Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder > rename the Config.xml file to 'Config OLD.xml'. When you restart, you will need to reinput your License Key and connection credentials, and then you may also need to run another compile in the NinjaScript Editor. If you receive the same errors as above, the steps in our first message of this forum post will allow you to resolve them.

If you receive different errors, please upload a screenshot for the proper steps to resolve them. As always, please feel free to write in with any additional questions you may have regarding NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi Justin,

Your instructions resolved the compiler errors. When I run the import upon completion I am receiving the following error:

Views:	236
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1234063

​Thank you for the help.

glen

Comment

Hello demarcog,

If you are receiving this error, it would indicate that whatever files were incorrectly removed or moved on your computer have corrupted the installation beyond basic repair. A complete reinstallation would be required, but we may be able to bring over your past templates and workspaces, meaning you will only need to manually reimport your add-ons, License Key, and login information.

Reinstalling NinjaTrader completely

You may follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader, and then transfer your custom information to the new installation.
                • First, take note of your Live License Key in the Help > License Key window and your connection setup in the Connections > configure window to input on the new installation. If you cannot access NinjaTrader, you may use this Simulation License Key: @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952
                • Close all running applications.
                • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
                • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
                • Reboot your PC.
                • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below:
                • After you have reinstalled NinjaTrader, input your Live License Key and recreate your Live Connection. You may also reimport your add-ons at this point.

Reimporting Add-ons

You may import NinjaScript add-ons into NinjaTrader using the following steps (Note: To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file)
                1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, and keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
                3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
                Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc., and ask if you want to replace, always press 'No'

Video Example of Import Process

Bringing your old workspaces and templates back

If everything works, you may follow these steps to reimport your old, custom information to the new installation.
                • First, shut down NinjaTrader, then open the new 'NinjaTrader 8' Documents folder in one window, and the 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD' folder in another (right-click > Open in New Window)
                • In the new 'NinjaTrader 8' folder, rename the 'workspaces' and 'templates' to 'workspaces NEW' and 'templates NEW'
                • Next, copy/paste the existing 'workspaces', 'templates', and 'bin' folders from the 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD' folder into the new 'NinjaTrader 8' folder.
                Please let us know the results of this test. We look forward to your response. ​

Comment

Justin,

That did the trick, had a few dangling compiler errors that may have been the cause of this.

Appreciate your help.

glen

Comment

Hello,

I have been following the step to remove in references but these two errors will not delete and I've tried over and over again.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello VanessaAccra,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Let's try having you repair your platform to resolve this as those files are built-in and should not encounter issues like that. I recommend a repair to your NinjaTrader platform to try fixing this error.

To complete a repair, do the following:
                      • Shut down NinjaTrader
                      • Go to your computer's Control Panel > Programs & Features (Note: search for 'Control Panel' to find it within the Windows Start Menu. This will be a different window than the Settings page)
                      • Left-click once on NinjaTrader > select 'Repair' above the list of available programs
                      • Restart the platform after it finishes repairing, and test for this behavior again.
                      ​If these errors persist for those specific files, please let us know.

Comment

It is still not deleting the files doing that step. The two files remain once compiling, removing, and trying to compile again.

Comment

Hello VanessaAccra,

Please write into [email protected] along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post. In your response, please also include 'ATTN Justin' in the subject line so it arrives in my inbox. Please do not upload these files to the forums as they may include personal information and will be removed.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                          • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                          Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. ​

Comment

Hello,

I have sent the email with the information requested and have not received a response yet. Thank you.

Comment

Hello VanessaAccra,

I haven't been able to locate your email to our team in our system. If possible, please try re-sending your message to our email one more time. Please be sure to include 'ATTN Justin' in the Subject LIne to ensure it reaches the correct queue once we receive it.

Thank you in advance. We look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jclose
                              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                              10 responses