Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to copy workspace from one computer to another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to copy workspace from one computer to another?

Hi there, how do I copy a full workspace from one installation of NT, to another installation of NT on a different computer?

Since I have multiple accounts, I use multiple instances of NT on different computers. Sometimes I have a complex workspace set up, that can take me 45 minutes to full configure. I then want to copy this workspace to another instance of NT. While I can copy the .xml file in the /Workspace directory, that only copies the charts. Instead, I need to also copy over all of the strategies, and all of the parameters of those strategies, from the workspace. (I have the exact same strategies configured on both computers).

How to do? Thanks,

Hello timmbbo,

Unfortunately this is not supported. Copying a workspace will not include automated strategies that are applied. I suggest to create templates for your automated strategies. Please click template-->save in the lower right corner of the Strategies window once the strategy is configured. Name the template as you like.

Strategy templates are stored in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Strategy folder within folders per automated strategy. Please copy these folders per automated strategy that contain template files to the same location on the other computer. You can then load the strategy settings by clicking template-->load in the Strategies window.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
    19 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rene69851  
    Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes