freeing up some space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

freeing up some space

I have used ninjatrader for few years and noticed it has taken up quite bit of space. Specifically, most space occupied by the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache\CME US Index Futures ETH.Central Standard Time (33.9GB). Is there something I can do to release some of that space, I am guessing by some of the older data I don't even use anymore.

Hello flybuzz,

Thank you for the message.

Within NinjaTrader, the Files/Folders that tend to get largest are the Historical Data Folders.

These hold all of the historical data that has ever been downloaded to load in a chart so it can get big over time.

If you do not save or care about old historical data, you could just remove all of it from your computer, and then the next time you open NinjaTrader and connect to market data, it will re-download the data you need to load in the charts.
    • Although, it is going to take a little longer to open NinjaTrader the first time after deleting the Historical Data since it has to redownload it all.
      • Close NinjaTrader
      • Go to the Documents folder > NinjaTrader 8 > db, this folder holds all of the historical data
        • Delete the following folders:
          • Tick
          • Minute
          • Day
          • Cache
          • Replay - This is the Market Replay data
            • Do NOT delete any other files or folders
        • After Deleting these folders, reopen NinjaTrader and it will make New ones automatically.

How to Clean Up Extra Backup Files:

If you have NinjaTrader set up to Automatically export a Backup file, it can get to a point when there are an excessive number of backup files and you only need the last 5 or 6 of them.
    • Go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 Backup > If you have a ton of backup files in here, find the most recent 5 or 6 and then you could get rid of all of the older ones if you know you don't need anything from inside of them.
    • If this is empty, then don't worry about it

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post alifarahani  
    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes