Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid user or password (logon failed)

I keep getting "My NinjaTrader: Invalid user or password (Logon failed)"

I went to Connections -> NinjaTrader and added my credentials. No whitespaces. Same credentials I use to login on the main NT site.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated

Hello nicknewman92,

Please note that the username and password for the Client Portal can't be used for connections in the NinjaTrader platform. To what broker/data feed do you try to connect? The "NinjaTrader" connection provider should only be used for a free forex demo connection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello nicknewman92,

Please note that the username and password for the Client Portal can't be used for connections in the NinjaTrader platform. To what broker/data feed do you try to connect? The "NinjaTrader" connection provider should only be used for a free forex demo connection.
      Ty for the fast reply Jason.

I see. I funded my account (transaction went through), and purchased the CME subscription.

It shows

"Platform Password Reset Platform Username(s): xxx You will receive an email sent from [email protected] containing a link to reset your platform login password. Each active user will receive an email."

I assume, I should add the CQG connection, and put these credentials there to login?

Comment

Yes, however please use "NinjaTrader Continuum" to create the connection instead of "CQG". You can find the NinjaTrader Continuum connection guide at the link below.

Comment

Cool beans Jason. I chose Continuum and got logged in through the CQG credentials!

I unchecked Demo and did my first trade!

When I visit https://account.ninjatrader.com/accounts, it still shows $996 though (-$4 from the CME). Does this get updated every xx hours?

Click image for larger version  Name:	d1cf37ef6a6080f67223d543414d7e3e.png Views:	0 Size:	8.9 KB ID:	1232456
          edit: I have been practicing for a while now on the sim account last week

Comment

Good to hear you are now able to connect.

The screenshot shows you traded the Sim101 account and not your live account, so it is not reflected in the Client Portal. The Sim101 account is the simulation account of the NinjaTrader platform.

To see and select your live account in the NinjaTrader platform, please follow the steps below.
            • Make sure your live license key is entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key.
            • Connect to your live account at Control Center-->Connections.
            • Uncheck 'Global Simulation Mode' at Control Center-->Tools.
            You will now be able to see your live account in the Control Center-->Accounts-tab and select your live account in the Account field of order entry windows (SuperDOM, ChartTrader, etc).

The account selected in the Account field of the order entry window determines to what account the order is submitted.

Comment

Thanks again Jason.. looks like the Global Simulation Mode is greyed out. It won't let me uncheck it

On the greyed out button's tooltip, it says please lease or purchase to unlock it.

However, the commission fees here https://ninjatrader.com/PDF/ninjatra...ommissions.pdf list "free". So I thought there was a free version available?

And https://ninjatrader.com/BuyPlatform

"Includes the key features you need for live trading." for the free version? What am I missing lol

Comment

You must have the free license key entered in NinjaTrader that does not allow live trading as you can't disable 'Global Simulation Mode'.

If you like to obtain the free license key that allows live trading, please send us an email at "platformsales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com" including your account number. My colleagues in the platform sales team are currently not in the office, but will be later today during US business hours.

Please note that the free license key that allows live trading does not include all features of the NinjaTrader platform such as ChartTrader and ATM orders. You would need to lease a license key or purchase a lifetime license key if you like to use these features and trade live. If you click the "i" icon (next to Core Essentials, Trader + and Order Flow +) at the link below, you can view what features are included.
                Get started with our free plan to trade with discounted commissions or choose a plan upgrade to further reduce commissions on your trades.

Comment

Yes Jason that would be great. I'll shoot over an email now. Appreciate this

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
                  45 responses
                  3 likes
                  Last Post johntraderuser2  
                  Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post TAJTrades