Interactive Brokers TWS and NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers TWS and NT8

I connect to NT8 to TWS to get data feed on stocks. I can see the level 2 I am subscribed to in TWS but it doesnt show up on NT8 only level 1. Does anybody know how to setup this so I can see level 2 in NT8 using TWS IB?
    Tx

Hello pacpac​,
    Thank you for your post.

You should be able to view the data in the Level II window. You can access this by going to Control Center>New>Level II Furthermore, can you please clarify whether or not you are able to open a stock symbol in the Level II window? Please provide a screenshot of this if possible.

I look forward to resolving this matter for you.
    Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adrian,
      I have attached a screenshot with MSFT. you can see the NT8 level 2 empty only showing top of the book and the Level 2 window from TWS with the l2 data. Is there something that I need to do in TWS to it sends the level2 info to NT8 maybe?
      Thanks!

Comment

Hello pacpac​,
        Thank you for the reply.

It is possible you don't have the appropriate Level II subscription in the subscription manager in order to send Level II data into NinjaTrader via the API. Lets go ahead and have you email us at [email protected] In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Adrian' In addition, please include the version of TWS you are using and the version of NinjaTrader.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.​

Comment

Hi Adrian,
          Yes, the problem was one of the subscriptions but not sure which one exactly as I was seeing the level 2 in TWS but not showing up on NT.
          Now I can use IB TWS to feed me stock data and level 2, but I am running into another problem. If I load a stock chart for example, a minute chart, it will show all the bars until the close the day before and will start the present day in the time I am requesting the chart vs the opening of the day. So I see missing bars from the opening to the time of loading the chart. I don't see any option like in NT about historical data back up etc. Do you know if there is something on the settings on NT to request this data from TWS ? if I reload historical data it will do the same, it shows me bars until yesterday's close and today's bars start from the time that I do the reload vs the opening.
          Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hello pacpac​,
            Thank you for your post.

Please answer the following questions:
            • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
            • What version of TWS or IB Gateway do you currently have installed? (This is located in TWS at Help > About Trader Workstation)
            • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
            ​Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

NT 8.0.27.0 64-bit
              TWS Build 10.19.1k, Jan 23 , 2023

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	164
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1232942Click image for larger version

Views:	172
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1232943

Click image for larger version

Views:	171
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1232944
              ​​Thanks for the help Adrian!
              Best
              Pac
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello pacpac,

First I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
                • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                • Enter your license key and press Submit
                • Select 'Download'
                • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
                Next with the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 10.19.1c. If you are running another version of TWS please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 10.19.1c via the following link:Once TWS 10.19.1c has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.​Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                166 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post sidlercom80  
                Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                0 responses
                1 view