Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy showing in Ninjascript Explorer but not when adding to a chart

Hi there!

I've been saving incremental changes to a core strategy I have using 'Save as...' directly from the Ninjascript Editor (right clicking on the editing space and selecting 'Save As...'), and I can see the saved versions of the strategy in the Explorer area (Jan2023, Jan2123, etc.). However, when I try to right click on a chart to add them, I don't see them as a selection.

I've tried the following:
    • Reinstalling Ninjatrader to the most recent version and using a backup file to restore settings.
    • Turning off OneDrive so that the Ninjatrader 8 folder wasn't being copied to the cloud. (are there any other folders that shouldn't be in the Cloud as well?)
    • Look through the NT forums for clues/answers. I read one asking to check Log files, existence of the .cs file on the computer in question, etc.
    • Restarting the new install of NT8 and saving the workspace on close.
    • Creating a new workspace
    One thing I've noticed is that some of these saved versions did appear in the strategy selection list when I attempted to add them to a chart. However, this was after a fresh reinstall... which leads me to believe this might be a database issue. I'm not sure.

Anyway, any steps you'd recommend I take to solve the problem would be appreciated.

PS - Here are a few screenshots to help explain what I'm seeing. The first is from the Ninjascript editor where I can see Jan2123 and Jan2323. In the 'Add Strategy' prompt from the chart, I can only see the former and not the latter. Also a shot of File Explorer showing the file actually lives on my hard drive.
    Attached Files

I figured it out.

Basically if you do a 'Save As...' on an existing strategy in the Editor. You have to make a simple change (like a space) and compile it. THEN it shows up in the Strategies list for the chart.

The more you know...

Comment

Hello Spiderbird,

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your resolution.

Strategies must be compiled in order to show in the UI, such as the list of strategies to add to a chart. It sounds like previous to discovering this, you might have only been saving the strategies and not fully compiling the scripts in the editor. F5 may be used as a keyboard shortcut to compile in the NinjaScript Editor, or you may click the icon in the toolbar of the editor or use the Compile option from the right-click menu of the editor.

Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future with any additional questions or concerns.
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
        Hello Spiderbird,

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your resolution.

Strategies must be compiled in order to show in the UI, such as the list of strategies to add to a chart. It sounds like previous to discovering this, you might have only been saving the strategies and not fully compiling the scripts in the editor. F5 may be used as a keyboard shortcut to compile in the NinjaScript Editor, or you may click the icon in the toolbar of the editor or use the Compile option from the right-click menu of the editor.

Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future with any additional questions or concerns.
        I've actually been working with Ninjatrader for quite some time and know the compilation options. I was just being dumb and forgetting that you needed to compile before seeing the strategy.

Thanks for responding!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Jonker
        by Jonker

Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM