Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Updating to 8.0.27.1: Yahoo emails stopped working

Log posted the following error message:

"There was an error sending a mail message: The SMTP server has unexpectedly disconnected."

Note that this was after I removed Email Share Services and set it up again using the Yahoo preconfigured settings option, based on guidance that support provided to someone having an issue w/ Gmail after upgrading to 8.0.27.1.

Also, before I removed and reconfigured share services, I was getting a different message, as follows:

"There was an error sending a mail message. Request failed; Mailbox unavailable.

Not sure what to try next, please advise. Thanks.

Hello zermanbnt,

Thank you very much for your post.

Could you please send us your platform's log & trace files? We would like to take a closer look at this error message.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief note in the message referring to this error.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I sent the log & trace per your instructions around 12:15 am on Friday, 01/19, but I'm not sure it worked since emailing from the platform is the problem I'm having, and even though I selected the option, "Send a copy to yourself", I did not receive anything.

If you also did not receive the log & trace, is there another way to download and send them to you manually?

Comment

Hello zermanbnt,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I can confirm we've received your log & trace files and will follow up with you as soon as we know more.

Regarding the email; We have recently experienced delays with Yahoo-based email accounts. This results in all emails being sent to Yahoo accounts being delayed by up to 12 hours.

While this should not be connected to the Share Service issues you've experienced, it should explain why you have not yet received the copy.

Thank you in advance for your patience!

Comment

As FYI, for others who may have the same issue using Yahoo:

The problem was apparently caused by Yahoo's inexplicable, unannounced, and unapologetic disabling of the App Password functionality that they previously supported, and oddly still require in order for 3rd party apps to send emails to their platform. Getting support from them is a major hassle and they wouldn't explicitly admit to doing it, but suggested that "it might be a possibility".

However, I confirmed that this was the issue by configuring my Comcast email on NT8 instead, and it worked perfectly when the option to allow 3rd party app access was enabled. And when I disabled that option, I received the exact same error that I started getting with Yahoo, specifically, "There was an error sending a mail message. The SMTP server has unexpectedly disconnected".

Comment

Any update on this issue? I upgraded to 8.0.27.1 to use the latest IB TWS yesterday and am suddenly seeing this error. Never got this before the upgrade so the problem isn't with Yahoo. Also, never got the messages 12 hours late either; so this also can't be the issue...

Comment

Hello aaadetos,

Thank you very much for your post.

Could you send us your log & trace files? I'd like to take a closer look at the reported issue and why it would have started with this version specifically.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief "ATTN Manfred" note in the message.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!

Comment

Thanks Manfred,
                While awaiting a reply, I downloaded the latest version: 8.1.1.3. This version doesn't have the problem; so there's a bug in 8.0.27 that's causing this issue.

Comment

I did send the email though...

Comment

Hello aaadetos,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Looking at your log & trace files, I can confirm the issue was caused by a change in the authentication with Yahoo, this should no longer be an issue in version 8.1.1.3.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you still encounter any issues or have further questions!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Brevo
                    by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                    0 responses