Chart rendering failed... OnRender method. D2D error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eladlevi View Post

For some reason you allow multiple drawing with the same tag (you can see and even do it manually).
    With this as given, the RemoveDrawObject(tag) gets a tag which is NOT unique and with the combination of other panel and global items there is an error.
    To overcome this cases In all indicator that I use I've change the function to be as follows :
    private void _RemoveDrawObject(string _tag)
    {
    if (DrawObjects[_tag] != null)
    {
    DrawObjects[_tag].IsVisible = false;
    }
    }

That solves the issue for now.​​ But this is only workaround.
    NT must solve the core issue.

Elad.
    Good job with this.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Nah, can’t be right - it’s got to be your 3rd-party indicators.

Hell hath indeed frozen over.
      Immediately waste hundreds of hours of your free time removing them (to add to those wasted with frozen charts).
      And progress on the issue? Zero by Ninja Dev.
      But at least a courteous acknowledgement and thanks for you guys doing the work Ninja Dev didn’t have the wit or inclination for

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
        Nah, can’t be right - it’s got to be your 3rd-party indicators.

Hell hath indeed frozen over.
        Immediately waste hundreds of hours of your free time removing them (to add to those wasted with frozen charts).
        And progress on the issue? Zero by Ninja Dev.
        But at least a courteous acknowledgement and thanks for you guys doing the work Ninja Dev didn’t have the wit or inclination for
        I enjoy these candid posts and can fully relate to the sentiment. If you were my next door neighbor I would buy you a beer.

Coming out of a software background, though, the problem is most likely not with dev. There were many, many projects I estimated at 50+ hours that as a developer I knew positively would take less than 2 hours of coding time. Why?

2 hours coding
        I have been in this program a hundred times before and know how it works. About a 50% chance I wrote the original code 5+ years ago.
        4 hours development testing.
        If I miss something because of my ****y attitude and this change screws up something else the egg is on my face and it takes 3 more successful projects for everyone to forget I screwed this one up
        1 hour of forms and procedures to get the change to the QA machines for testing
        Oh, dang, the qa department only moves software to their machines once a day and the form to move the software needs my managers approval and a Qa manager's approval. Didn't get the second approval till 4pm. The cutoff for moving software to the qa machine is 3pm. Ok. Waits till tomorrow.
        30 hours of the Qa department time at minimum.
        And this is a light estimate. Usually their estimates started at 30 and went up from there, no matter how simple the change. They want to make sure the change doesn't screw up something else
        5 hours of my time answering questions, meetings, demos that come out of QA about this change.
        QA doesn't know this but their questions are totally missing the point and are not relevant to the change that was made to the software. However, they are the gatekeepers and if they aren't comfortable with the explanations, the project goes no further. And if you pi** them off with an impatient attitude you can look forward to more of the same treatment on the next project you send to them.
        4 hours of management time by my manager for miscellaneous approvals and explanations and paperwork that will come up.
        Once a week my manager sits in on a call and explains to a room full of other managers what this change is about and how come it's necessary and how it wont screw up anything else in the system.
        1 hour working with the documentation department who writes the user documentation about this change
        If the change is transparent this step isn't necessary, however if its a visible change to the UI or how the user interfaces with the software it can take longer
        3 hours coordinating this change with other developers who are making their own changes to the function for other projects
        Most of the changes I made involved core functionality which was used by other developers making their own changes for other projects. This creates timing issues with rollout and general release. If my change was in an isolated area this step was skipped but usually not the case.

Several more small steps I left out because I'm tired of typing

So there it is. No change is simple.
        Ninja is a big enough system that there will be these kinds of constraints and procedures placed on software rollout & maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by eladlevi View Post
          For some reason you allow multiple drawing with the same tag (you can see and even do it manually).
          With this as given, the RemoveDrawObject(tag) gets a tag which is NOT unique and with the combination of other panel and global items there is an error.
          To overcome this cases In all indicator that I use I've change the function to be as follows :
          private void _RemoveDrawObject(string _tag)
          {
          if (DrawObjects[_tag] != null)
          {
          DrawObjects[_tag].IsVisible = false;
          }
          }

That solves the issue for now.​​ But this is only workaround.
          NT must solve the core issue.

Elad.

Good analysis...

Implementing eladlevi's changes into TrendLinesDebug.cs (attached) and running the original Chartfreeze scenario by the OP illustrates the effectiveness of the workaround.

This code is for debugging purposes only and not intended as a fix.

A true fix will require action on the NT's side.

[ATTACH]n1259566[/ATTACH]

A possibility that this bug was introduced by the following fix in v26
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Bidder; 07-08-2023, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Hello,

This issue has been issued a fix for an upcoming release of NinjaTrader.

As new releases become available please check the release notes for ID # NT-5773, or a mention of a chart rendering error as the ID may change.

Once listed in the release notes, please update and confirm the behavior has been corrected.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
              Hello,

As new releases become available please check the release notes for ID # NT-5773, or a mention of a chart rendering error as the ID may change.

Once listed in the release notes, please update and confirm the behavior has been corrected.
              When will the next version due dated?

Comment

Hello,

Will this be fixed in both the 8.0 and 8.1 tracks? - Thx

Comment

Hello,

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Hello NinjaTrader_ChelseaB,

I'm having issues with the chart rendering error on my notebook computer - Any idea when the upcoming release with the fix you mentioned in July
                  will be available?
                  Thank you !!

Comment

Hello Bidder,

Any bug fixes will be in the latest release of the flagship NinjaTrader application.

Legacy releases will not be updated with new features or bug fixes (unless this is connection blocking).

Eric M,

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide an ETA for upcoming releases. However, our development team is working hard to get the newest release ready for the public and I would expect this in the near future.
                    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bidder,

Any bug fixes will be in the latest release of the flagship NinjaTrader application.

Legacy releases will not be updated with new features or bug fixes (unless this is connection blocking).

Eric M,

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide an ETA for upcoming releases. However, our development team is working hard to get the newest release ready for the public and I would expect this in the near future.
                      This thread is from Sept 2023. has a new release fixed this issue?
                      Does this mean i must upgrade to the new version that NEVER saves my login information?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHP View Post

This thread is from Sept 2023. has a new release fixed this issue?
                        Does this mean i must upgrade to the new version that NEVER saves my login information?
                        Hello DavidHP,

Thank you for your reply.

This has been addressed in version 8.1.2.1 per the mention of issue # 5773 in the release notes:

If you are currently using 8.0.28.0, then yes this would require an update to NinjaTrader 8.1 to obtain the fix. As of version 8.1.1.1, the username field is saved and you must still enter your password each time you launch the platform. The feature requiring a username and password to launch the platform has become somewhat of an industry standard and was added for security reasons.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
                        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post AaronKoRn  
                        Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
                        0 responses