Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what cfd brokers supporting ninjatrader8

Hello NT8 support team,

i could not help but noticed that you guys adding cfd market to your instruments which is great to see as part time cfd trader.

as you know cfd brokers are hundreds worldwide and if i check them one by one it will waste my time. so it would be great if you provide me with a list of cfd brokers who support ninjatrader8.

many thanks and best wishes
    futureszone

Hello futureszone,

Thank you for the post.

If you would like to use NinjaTrader to trade CFDs, you are welcome to open a live account with CityIndex, Forex.com or FXCM depending on where you reside:

https://applyforanaccount.cityindex....px?IBcode=NTUK

https://www.fxcm.com/markets/open-ac...platform=ninja

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
    Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As someone who has tested trading CFDs in demo accounts on both FXCM and FOREX.com (CityIndex is another brand of FOREX.com), I note that FXCM seems well-configured within NinjaTrader 8 to recognise the CFD market IDs in FXCM, but the current Instrument configurations do not have many of the required market IDs for FOREX.com, leading to it not being possible to obtain CFD data for those Instruments.

Simple example is @AIRBUS -- works on FXCM, unknown on FOREX.com, despite being available on FOREX.com's own platform. Look at the Instrument definition and there is no symbol map for many CFDs at FOREX.com. This is despite FOREX.com being a supposedly supported broker. @ALPHABET, on the other hand, is defined and therefore works. Of course, if one goes to FOREX.com and looks for the symbols, they can individually be added to the Instrument definition (e.g. @AIRBUS is mapped to "Airbus Group SE"), but that should not be necessary for supported brokers. Worse still, any user-made updates to Instrument definitions are erased when one does Database Management to Update Instruments, something that probably should be done on a somewhat regular basis.

CFD symbol maps for all supported brokers all need to be reviewed and updated, as appropriate.

Thanks.
      Last edited by jeronymite; 01-18-2023, 05:01 PM.
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Alaura View Post
        Hello futureszone,

Thank you for the post.

If you would like to use NinjaTrader to trade CFDs, you are welcome to open a live account with CityIndex, Forex.com or FXCM depending on where you reside:

https://applyforanaccount.cityindex....px?IBcode=NTUK

https://www.fxcm.com/markets/open-ac...platform=ninja

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​

Thank you Alaura this is great.

have a happy weekend,
        Futureszone

Comment

I just noticed that CFD trading appears in NT. I'm glad to know about it. Thanks to everyone who left links for trading CFDs here. Actually, I didn't want to try trading contracts for differences for a long time. I thought that cryptocurrency was more profitable. However, studying this guide, I realized that it can bring a good income. I don't give up cryptocurrency. I'm still looking for myself in the world of trading. But CFDs don't seem as complicated to me anymore as before. I started learning it from the basics and got to the point where I invest about 2k at a time in CFDs on another platform. It's time to try NT.
          Last edited by SlayerDose; 01-23-2023, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lightsun47  
          Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post 00nevest