Slow Trade Copier Executions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since this is Apex ...

Is your account subscribed to the Market Depth data feed option?

I had this option but since canceled it precisely because it was
    very resource heavy -- the indicators/tools showing me the market
    depth I decided to drop.

Comment

Yeah, I’d concur with bltdavid on two accounts - when I had the ‘in-flight executions’ business entered a trade in the opposite direction my work-around was just to get out of it ASAP and think about the why’s and wherefores later in the comfort of being out of a trade I didn’t intend to be in rather than real-time in the market, and secondly if it is due to anything that adds ‘unknown load’ to your workspace (Apex Depth of market subscription, whatever, eliminate any such to ‘bare-bones’ setup and get it working from there. De-minimus.)

I don’t profess to know whether it is because you’re using Chart Trader which is or isn’t more load-intensive than using DOM to enter (although I believe it is from what I read), or if the trade copier adds delay ‘cos its’ coding is a delay, or whatever, or if an upgraded pc (or, in the same ‘spirit’ running NT on a ‘slow’ Mac OS/pc - more ‘processing’ to ‘convert’ a Windows app to run in iOS isn’t helping your cause). Perspective needs to be what can you do to give copier best chance (which is why I was interested to know how this pans out - I’m interested to add a trade copier, but reticent to add anything that may impact upon my setup after many 000s hours getting a robust setup that meets my needs.
      I can say that the tickrefresh and timelagmeasurement add-ons have been a godsend providing transparency against obfuscation and deflection in this painful journey.
      Likewise, just my 2c

Comment

Just to update this thread as requested, here is a message from FlowBots regarding my issue. They replied quickly and it was over the weekend as well, so no complaints there.

Thanks for contacting us.

For copiers it is very complicated to copies scalper trades, when they ask us we always say that we do not recommend using Replikanto for this type of trades.

The volatile market will always be faster than any copier, yet we made our product to copy trades as quickly as possible, we didn't even wait for the leader's order to return to be able to copy.

If we think about the life cycle of the order, the copier represents only a part of it, as computer processor/memory, Ninjatrader submittion processing, internet communication, broker's risk analysis and the order confirmation return are part of this cycle. All of this adds time to the lifecycle, making the copying of scalper-type trades often not occur in the expected time.

In these situations of rejected orders for the reasons above, manual action by the trader is necessary and, being a scalper trader/s, there will not always be enough time to monitor and take corrective actions on the follower accounts, which is why we do not recommend using Replikanto.

> Will using the superDOM over the chart trader make any improvement?
        No.

> Will a new PC help?
        No, as it is only part of the order cycle.

> Are there settings within ninjatrader that I can utilize?
        Unfortunately not.

Let me know if I was able to answer your questions.

Comment

I don't want anyone to read this and get put off from using the trade copier or think its not a quality product. It worked just as advertised and was extremely easy to use. I use a relatively fast chart with narrow entrys and very little buffer. I'm sure for most people trading from a slower chart (ex: 5 minute chart) or people who can get in to a trade with a more variable buffer and add a little more risk to their trades can find great value in this.

It is disappointing because I had plans for this and was going to copy trade an IRA, my own brokerage account, and scale up with the prop firm. I just at the moment dont want to change a winning strategy or use any more of my personal time playing with all this when I could just be trading and making money studying my charts.

Im ordering a trading computer, so when that arrives I will re-visit the copier. Hopefully that gives me faster entries.

Ill try and post back here if anything changes. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Comment

Jesse, thanks for the update!

Good luck as you make this journey.

Yes, please keep us informed!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post dp8282