Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWS 10.19.1c and NT8 v8.0.27.1 connectivity issues

Hi,

I just realised that these two updates were available and installed them.

while Nt8 seems to be connected to TWS, the market data is not flowing thru.

when i connect using the old TWS i have been using - version 9.81, I have no issues with connectivity.

Can someone please help?

Regards
    Kay Wai

Update: Just spoke with TWS. They have no reported issues on their end and suggested I speak with NT support.
    Last edited by kaywai; 01-09-2023, 01:30 AM. Reason: update

Hi NT Support,

Can i get some help with this? I can't get NT8 to work with TWS 10.19.1c and I'm running NT8 v8.0.27.1. There is connectivity but there is no data flowing through to NT8. And this is the recommended and supported version of TWS

I'm resorting to using a previous supported version of TWS 981.3i which is no longer supported by Ninjatrader. It still works but it is no longer supported and I don't want anything to go wrong.

Can someone please help? I've been waiting for support almost 10 hours now.

Regards
    Kay Wai

Comment

Hello kaywai,

Thanks for the note.

Please try using the supported IB Gateway listed in our Interactive Brokers connection guide instead:
      The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers as well as specific connection configuration information:
      Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Sev,

Thanks for your reply. If I were to use the IB Gateway you suggested above, does that mean I have to forego using the TWS interface?

Regards
        Kay Wai

Comment

Originally posted by kaywai View Post
          Hi Sev,

Thanks for your reply. If I were to use the IB Gateway you suggested above, does that mean I have to forego using the TWS interface?

Regards
          Kay Wai
          I have been having the same problem since they changed the version. Many of us have written in about this issue. No one will help or respond with a real solution. They have rendered all my 3rd party software I bought useless and cost me thousands of dollars. I use NT with my third party software with my IB data feed and trade off TWS. If you use the gateway that was recommended to you, you cannot connect to TWS. It's one or the other. This is the first time in 8 years that NT tech support has completely ignored a large segment of their users. If you use IB/TWS you are now out of luck. Shut down.

Comment

I have the same problem.
            But sometimes when I start the Ninja most of the charts get real date. Others times, after restart we see refresh data but others charts with delay 1 or more minutes.
            I do not know what is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by jmagaia View Post
              I have the same problem.
              But sometimes when I start the Ninja most of the charts get real date. Others times, after restart we see refresh data but others charts with delay 1 or more minutes.
              I do not know what is the problem
              I can't even get anything to come up on my charts. Just says loading and never loads anything. Blank screen.

Comment

Yes Im the same. Just Loading forever

Comment

how do i roll back to NT8 v8.0.27.0 it was working fine for me with the latest TWS

Comment

Facing same issue, awaiting help from support. Reported in other thread
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...istorical-data

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing.

I have gone back to using the no-longer-supported TWS 981.3 with NT v8.0.27.1. It's stable and quick. I am currently not experiencing any issues (fingers crossed). I may roll back to version 8.0.26.1 if I start facing issues and the current issues are not resolved.

TWS 981.3i also works well with NT7, for my purposes anyway.

Regards
                      Kay Wai

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Sev View Post
                        Hello kaywai,

Thanks for the note.

Please try using the supported IB Gateway listed in our Interactive Brokers connection guide instead:
                        The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers as well as specific connection configuration information:
                        Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

If you are doing any real trading using IB and Ninja Platform, then you absolutely have to have TWS open and NOT the IB TWS Gateway.

NT often reports purchases or sales as complete and shows the incorrect portfolio in NT.
                        You absolutely have to have TWS up to verify that NT hasn't screwed up.

Still waiting for a fix for that since May 2022.
                        Hello, I have some 'Ghost Positions' showing in NT8 platform when trading via the IB App API. Does anyone know how to fix this? As a temporary fix, i can disconnect the IB App Data feed, then on reconnect, it corrects itself. However, as most know, the IB Data feed is so horrible, that it takes around 2 to 3 minutes to start

​​​​​

Comment

Hello,

We have had no widespread reports of any issues related to TWS 10.19.1c and NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 currently, but I would be happy to investigate on a case by case basis if you write into at [email protected] and send us your diagnostics.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                          • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to "Documents" > Open the "NinjaTrader 7/8" folder
                          • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; we look forward to resolving this item.
                          ​​

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Sev View Post
                            Hello,

We have had no widespread reports of any issues related to TWS 10.19.1c and NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 currently, but I would be happy to investigate on a case by case basis if you write into at [email protected] and send us your diagnostics.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                            • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to "Documents" > Open the "NinjaTrader 7/8" folder
                            • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; we look forward to resolving this item.
                            ​​
                            TWS ver 10.20.1f and NT8 ver 8.0.27.1 seem to be working now for me with the exception of loading forex datas. I completely deleted ALL NT8 folders and files from my computer and did a fresh install. I'm having to rebuild all workspaces, etc from scratch but at least it seems so far to be working ok. I wish I could figure out why I can't get data to load for audusd and so forth.

Comment

Has anyone still got the install package for 8.0.27.0. That one was working for me originally before 8.0.27.1. Could they share it with me so I can get it all back up and running. Or send me a link to get it from Ninja Trader website. It cant find where on there site to get it. They only seem to give the option to roll back to 8.0.26.0

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes