Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer

Is there a way to preview the number of iterations to optimize a strategy in Strategy Analyzer prior to click the Run button? Sometimes if it comes to too many NT crashes and have to restart everything. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello designer01,

Thank you for your note.

There is not a way to preview the number of iterations before running an optimization, however this is not the only item that affects the performance and resource usage of the Strategy Analyzer. I recommend reviewing the following information in our help guide about factors that affect optimization performance:

The following post also includes additional information regarding optimization performance and ways to improve the performance:
    Hi there, I recently noticed that there may be an issue with memory allocation when running back testing. I noticed that the memory utilisation of my windows

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Emily,
      It is good to know how many iterations the optimization will take in order to have an idea of the time it will take to perform the optimization. I try to keep it under certain number which I would like to know before clicking Run. Could this feature be added in future updates? Thanks

Comment

Hello designer01,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello designer01,

Thanks for your patience.

Your vote has been added to an existing feature request. The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-4476. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Comment

I made that request some time back. Is "SFT-4476" a new feature request for this same issue ?

Comment

Originally posted by spottysallrite View Post
              I made that request some time back. Is "SFT-4476" a new feature request for this same issue ?
              Hello spottysallrite,

Thank you for your note.

I advised to designer01 that their vote was added to an existing feature request, so no SFT-4476 is not a new feature request. That being said, I looked at the votes for SFT-4476 and found that your vote is being tracked under the same number. Please see your thread with NinjaTrader_Kate from 2/15/2022 here where she advised that your vote was also added to SFT-4476:
              Would it be possible for you to put button for the above on the SA? Yes, I can manually calc these myself (and always do, in some form), but it would be so much nicer if I had confirmation -- before I click "Run" -- of the number of iterations the Optimizer will go through. I'm using several years of data, so

In the future, I recommend taking note of the tracking numbers provided to you for feature requests you have opened or had a vote added to. This can help to prevent confusion and you can always reference the tracking number when contacting support about the feature requests you have expressed interest in.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Sorry, I must not have seen your note to designer01 on 1/17, "Your vote has been added to an existing feature request."

Anyway, as an extension on this idea, would it be possible to include the number of processors being used to calc the optimization time? That is, the current display / calc time assumes only one processor. I would think most of us have several processors. eg, if you have 3 variables, and want each to use a range of 4 values, that would be 12 combinations (ie, 3 x 4). If your machine has 2 cores, then there would be 6 "blocks" of iterations (ie, 12 / 2). Multiplying the number of blocks by the individual backtest time (eg, 4 minutes) would then produce the actual, overall optimization time (eg, 6 x 4 = 24 minutes).
                Last edited by spottysallrite; 01-27-2023, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Hello spottysallrite,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have forwarded this information over to the development team in regard to SFT-4476 for consideration. As always, if a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Thank you for using NinjaTrader. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any future questions or concerns we may assist you with.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DanielTynera  
                  Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes