v27.1 Default Futures Wspace Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v27.1 Default Futures Wspace Error

I installed v27.1 and opened the Default Futures Workspace. See attached Dynamic SuperDOM Error message upon launch
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Since you have a live key with a Static SuperDOM this message is expected and can be ignored.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This reminds me of the introduction of NT8 when every error under the sun met with the ‘this is expected behaviour’ excusing the inexcusable

The appropriate response is ‘thank you for reporting this. This error appears because you have a live licence key and static SuperDOM and shouldn’t. We’ll fix it. Our apologies for wasting your time’
      Absolutely no concept that this should not be expected behaviour, is not acceptable, nor desire to improve
      Last edited by brucerobinson; 01-03-2023, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

My apologies, I will report this to our Development team.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
        Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Dennis and thanks.
          To give you some context, fwiw -
          I am updating to 27.1 (from 26.0) with some caution due to the experiences of others re: code-breaking changes etc. (I am not taking a shot, it is simply how I’ve chosen to go about it for protection of my good installation, I’m happy to do so).
          Accordingly, doing first install on back-up pc/NT8 install.

Immediately I hit a problem due to Connection wizard design flaw. Creating a new connection is something I did once with 7, once with 8. Grief, Help guides etc.

Then I open a default workspace before copying mine across. Dynamic Dom error message on the built-in default Futures workspace. More frustration & waste of time.

Then I exit the workspace and more unexpected behaviour re: Save or Cancel.

So far, at that point I haven’t ‘done anything’ other than a fresh install and everything I’ve tried using built in stuff doesn’t work as it should…. Not great. Hence my frustration when the response is ‘oh, that’s expected….’. It shouldn’t be that way, & the consequence is wasted time.

The (very) good news is that having followed Support’s advice to download & Import custom indicators rather than copy the Folder across, and copied workspaces and ‘everything else’, all seems to be working as it should with Custom Trading Hours templates, Chart styles, Workspaces etc all preserved as was and no Compile errors. So that is the Good News part of the story.

Kind regards
          Last edited by brucerobinson; 01-03-2023, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          177 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite  
          Started by algospoke, Today, 06:36 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke