Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import Failed. Can't get NT to import add on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Failed. Can't get NT to import add on.

I have been working with NT Support since yesterday to no avail, no solutions given, no real routes to diagnose the NT software issue, etc. Very discouraging to even continue trying to use NT at this point. NT said it is the indicator I am trying to add but at this point it can't be as I have now tried 6 add on scripts, all with the same error. The creator of the script said he would remote in and try to see if he can figure it out this week, but I would like to see if I can resolve it prior to wasting his time. I have uninstalled and wiped NT 6 times now. I hadn't installed nor used NT prior to this. So, I had no custom indicators installed. I downloaded NT and opened a brokerage account with NT specifically for this paid add on / indicator / script. After I get this error message, NT closes/crashes. Any ideas?

2022-12-30 16:46:52:000|2|4|Session Break (Version 8.0.27.1)
    2022-12-30 16:46:53:161|1|4|Verifying license at primary server...
    2022-12-30 16:46:53:218|1|4|Type=Simulation State=Verified Start Date=12/31/2004 End Date=11/30/2099
    2022-12-30 16:46:56:244|1|4|Global simulation mode enabled
    2022-12-30 16:46:58:344|1|2|Using IS (is-us-nt-005.ninjatrader.com/31658)
    2022-12-30 16:46:58:376|1|4|Automated trading disabled
    2022-12-30 16:46:58:484|1|32|Order entry hot keys disabled
    2022-12-30 16:46:58:484|1|4|Auto close enabled=False
    2022-12-30 16:46:59:716|1|4|Restoring workspace 'Multi-Asset'...
    2022-12-30 16:47:13:470|0|4|Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC, modify a method signature that other scripts were dependent on, or be missing a required file on either your PC or in the import archive.
    2022-12-30 16:47:13:499|0|4|Unhandled exception: Access to the path 'C:\Users\IPA\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\tmp\Import\Backup' is denied.​

Comment

2022-12-30 16:47:13:470 Gui.NinjaScript.ImportNinjaScript.DoImportNinjaScr ipt: generic ERROR on importing file 'C:\Users\IPA\Downloads\PVVoss_NT8.zip': Access to the path 'C:\Users\IPA\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\tmp\Import\Backup' is denied.
      2022-12-30 16:47:13:498 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
      2022-12-30 16:47:13:498 Access to the path 'C:\Users\IPA\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\tmp\Import\Backup' is denied.
      2022-12-30 16:47:13:499 System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\IPA\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\tmp\Import\Backup' is denied.
      at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
      at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
      at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.ImportNinjaScript.<>c_ _DisplayClass3_0.<DoImportNinjaScript>b__0(Object _)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
      at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()​

Comment

I have the same issue and have emailed support several times, and none of the fixes work.

Comment

I have uninstalled and reinstalled NT8. I have removed the document/Ninjatrade/cache folder, and I was then able to import the addon, but now I can not import the license activation addon.

Comment

My issue ended up being Google Drive cloud backup. I had to disable it backing up Documents and have it backup individual folders only.

Comment

IPATrader, Thanks for the response. That's interesting. I received some help, and I am still working on this issue. It MAY be similar to yours in that, somehow, NT8 loaded into the Documents folder on "OneDrive." I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Hello anthonybenincasa​,

Thank you for your post.

To resolve this matter, please redirect your Documents folder to a local hard drive on your PC, then reinstall NinjaTrader.

I have included a link outlining how to remap your Documents folder below.
                I would also recommend going through OneDrive to make sure OneDrive isn't set to continue to backup the Documents folder. Please see the following link that outlines how to make changes in OneDrive:
                I have included instructions on how to reinstall the NinjaTrader platform below. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, custom items etc. You'll need a license key for this procedure, which I've included below. These steps wont affect your current license key (if different):
                • @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

Please follow these steps:
                • Close all running applications.
                • Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
                • Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager...
                • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
                • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 8 and click Remove.
                • Restart your PC.
                • After NinjaTrader is uninstalled, navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 8" folders located here if any: C:\Program Files (x86)\
                • or
                • C:\Program Files\
                • Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader from the link below:
                • https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect (* This is where you will need to input your license key to download)
                Sean H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

same issue here after latest version upgrade 8.0.27.1 messed up my add ons and drawing tools , still unable to get a proper response from support team. just trial and error which is messed up all my workspace and deleted al my imported third party indicators- very frustrating

Comment

Here is the message I receive after completing these steps. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	133
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1230521

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.​

For NinjaTrader 8:
                      • Open NinjaTrader
                      • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
                      • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
                      • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
                      • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
                      ​We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
                      Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

I have tried this and still can not get it to work. Maybe a remote support session? Is that a possibility?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

Please submit a ticket to our platform support for further assistance. Either through the platform or email [email protected]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post futtrader  
                          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes