Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set a stop order from an alert

Hi
    Does anyone know how I can set up a stop order from the alerts?
    I would like to set a stop order 2 ticks away from the current price but I can't find out how to do that. It seems that I can only set a stop order at a precise price level.
    Could anyone help with this?

Hello JuanHugz,

Thank you for the message.

When using the NinjaTrader Alerts to submit an order, there is no way to have it reference anything like "Submit the order 2 Ticks away from the bid price" for example.
    • It is only able to be set up to place a Market Order or a Limit, Stop Limit, Stop Market, or MIT order at a specific Price.

If you wanted this feature, you would have to find or create a NinjaScript Strategy that places the order for you in this manner.

There are some Order Entry Hot Keys that do have the ability to place orders in the manner you wish, as in a specified number of Ticks away from the Ask or Bid price.Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
      Hello JuanHugz,

Thank you for the message.

When using the NinjaTrader Alerts to submit an order, there is no way to have it reference anything like "Submit the order 2 Ticks away from the bid price" for example.
      • It is only able to be set up to place a Market Order or a Limit, Stop Limit, Stop Market, or MIT order at a specific Price.

If you wanted this feature, you would have to find or create a NinjaScript Strategy that places the order for you in this manner.

There are some Order Entry Hot Keys that do have the ability to place orders in the manner you wish, as in a specified number of Ticks away from the Ask or Bid price.Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
      Thank you for your answer. I will first learn how to create a ninjascript strategy then.
      Hoping it's not far too complicated compared to how alerts work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes