Chart Properties Preset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Properties Preset

I have saved the default chart properties using the preset. (Right click on the chart, click properties, click preset, click save).

When I open a new chart from the Control Center, this works as expected and a new chart opens up with the properties I preset.

When I add a chart window using the plus (+) tab, it does not work as expected. The new chart added this way has the original properties, not the properties I preset.

Thanks, Greg
    The Trading Mantis
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Trading Mantis

Hello TheTradingMantis,

Thank you for writing in.

When I tried this on my own platform, it kept the settings I saved.

We recently released the update to NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1. If you are not on this version, please use the steps below to update your platform and then test if this behavior continues:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    ​After installing the update, reopen NinjaTrader and test if the Chart Properties are still not appearing on a chart when you click the + to add it in a new tab.
    • If the behavior continues, please check the Control Center > Log tab, are there any errors appearing that would explain what is happening?
    • Please take a screenshot of your Chart Properties that are being saved and send that in your response so we can replicate it on our platform and see if it saves the same settings you are choosing.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Clayton,

I am on the latest version on NT8. I found something interesting, which may be a clue as to what is happening. I opened a new chart from the control center with no template selected (my preset properties were set as expected). I then clicked the plus (+) tab to add another chart on this new chart window. My preset properties were also on this new chart tab.

I checked again on my existing charts, and I still have the issue with the original chart properties showing up on a new tab.

I am going to do some more testing to see if I can reproduce the unexpected behavior from a new chart window. Will let you know what I find out, if anything.

Thanks, Greg
      The Trading Mantis

Comment

Hi Clayton,

I have been able to consistently reproduce this issue and it appears to be related to the Workspace file. Please try these steps.

1) Check the "Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Chart" folder for a Default.xml chart template file. If there is one delete or rename it.

2) Create a new workspace and then close all other workspaces.

3) Add a chart, modify the default chart properties, and then save using the preset. (Right click on the chart, click properties, click preset, click save).

4) Save the workspace.

5) Close the workspace.

6) Open the workspace you just created.

7) Add a new tab to the chart using the plus (+) tab. The new chart tab will have the original chart properties, not the preset properties.

Note: Creating a Default chart template is the workaround for this issue, although changes to the chart properties won't be reflected on a new tab unless the Default chart template is re-saved after changing the Chart properties.

Regards, Greg​​
        The Trading Mantis

Comment

Hello TheTradingMantis,

Thank you for the update.

I performed the steps as you have them and also ran into the same behavior. I will be reporting this to our development team so they can take a deeper look at it and find a resolution for a future update of the platform.

Thank you for diving into this and providing reproducible steps!
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes