Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Templates Will not Load

Dear Support,

After installing the latest NT8 version some of my working chart templates will not completely load with the following message from the :

"2022-12-13 15:21:36:846|0|4|Unable to load chart template: the file named C:\Users\------\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Chart\VVGraph.xml was either designed for an earlier version of NinjaTrader or the file is not formatted correctly. Please contact [email protected] for assistance."

Any idea what is going on?

Many thanks.

Hello aligator,

Thank you very much for your post!

Unfortunately, any chart template that this issue is happening to will need to be removed from your platform, re-created, and re-saved as a chart template on the new version.

To remove a chart template from your platform, you can right-click in the chart > Templates > Load > right-click on the template you want to remove > Remove > then you can press Cancel to close the window.

I've also provided our help guide on saving chart templates if needed:Please let me know if you have any questions and I do apologize for any inconvenience.
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Why doesn't NT care? It's just like "oh yeah sorry" just redo all your stuff.

Comment

Hello sonia0101,

I apologize if I left the impression that we would not care about a reported issue. However; if a template reports that it has been designed to be used with an earlier version, there is, unfortunately, very little we can do, even from our end, outside of recreating the settings and saving it as a new template. This error indicates that settings or indicators that were applied in the template either no longer exist or have changed too much to still be used.

Please let me know if you have any questions or anything else we may assist with.
        Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kennedy View Post
          Hello aligator,

Thank you very much for your post!

Unfortunately, any chart template that this issue is happening to will need to be removed from your platform, re-created, and re-saved as a chart template on the new version.

To remove a chart template from your platform, you can right-click in the chart > Templates > Load > right-click on the template you want to remove > Remove > then you can press Cancel to close the window.

I've also provided our help guide on saving chart templates if needed:Please let me know if you have any questions and I do apologize for any inconvenience.
          Thanks, NinjaTrader_Kennedy

Yes, this is easy for one or two templates and I have done it many times in the past. But it is not so practical if I have 50 different templates for many puporposes, some of which I can not remember how each one is customized.

Perhaps for a future revision, there should be some sort of NT built-in mechanism to simply and simlessly transfer all the templates (similar to indicators, and add-ons) once a new version is installed. I just had to revert back to the older version backup to recover what I have developed during the last 12 years and could not use with the new version.
          Last edited by aligator; 12-14-2022, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
          6 responses
          1 like
          Last Post jgualdronc  
          Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Touch-Ups