Odd timestamps/duplicate bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd timestamps/duplicate bars

I am trying to understand how this can be. I attached a screenshot from a YouTube video from a vendor I purchased an indicator/strategy package from. In the screenshot you can see that there are duplicate bars and time stamps repeat, I believe the vendor is presenting this as live market trades he takes, I cannot see how that's possible. I even ran this day in replay and I do not get duplicate anything. The price bars duplicate, also the time repeats… 8:52, 8:53, 8:55, 8:48, 8:49​. I'm hoping a Ninja support person may be able to answer how this can be. I fear this vendor may be presenting fabricated trades in order to sell his package. Thanks.

If you want to watch for yourself here is the YouTube link... https://youtu.be/qLNweXWNYTU
    Attached Files

Hello mlarocco,

I'm not sure why the vendor has duplicate bars and repeating time stamps. We don't know how their indicators/strategies function or how they need to be configured. I suggest to ask clarification from the vendor why there are duplicate bars and repeating time stamps in the video.

If you are not satisfied with their explanation, please send us an email at "vendorsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com".
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello mlarocco,

Thank you for your report.
      Originally posted by mlarocco View Post
      I am trying to understand how this can be. I attached a screenshot from a YouTube video from a vendor...
      I work on our Vendor Relations team at NinjaTrader Ecosystem and have reached out to the vendor. This visual oddity on the bars in the video was not intentional and is potentially due to NinjaTrader exiting a sleep or hibernate state on the PC. NinjaTrader is not designed to run in those states and it is recommended to restart NinjaTrader after exiting such states or shut down NinjaTrader before entering those states.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello mlarocco,

Thank you for your report.

I work on our Vendor Relations team at NinjaTrader Ecosystem and have reached out to the vendor. This visual oddity on the bars in the video was not intentional and is potentially due to NinjaTrader exiting a sleep or hibernate state on the PC. NinjaTrader is not designed to run in those states and it is recommended to restart NinjaTrader after exiting such states or shut down NinjaTrader before entering those states.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
        Thanks for your reply, my concern is, he states at the beginning of that video “another live futures trading video”, if it was truly a live market/data feed, I doubt that ninja would have been in a sleep or hibernate state and I certainly can't see how time stamps could be duplicated in a live data feed. Perhaps an enhancement could be to have a watermark on the chart background when using playback (replay data), that would prevent vendors from claiming a live market when it's really not. When I see something like that, I find it highly suspect. Thanks for looking into it. BTW, I did run that day in replay which I included here if you're interested. 2022-12-12_15-13-23 (screencast.com)
        Last edited by mlarocco; 12-13-2022, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion (Playback watermark).

I have submitted it as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5708. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes