Market Replay/Playback bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay/Playback bug

Not sure if anyone has reported this bug, I can't find it using forum search. If you try to use Playback multiple times in succession (test with Monday data, then Tuesday data, etc), the data scrollbar occasionally gets stuck in the 'end of data' position upon clicking 'PlayBack Connection'. See below. I haven't found a way to drag the scrollbar back to the beginning, I have to close NinjaTrader, then re-open to get it to reset. I downloaded the latest version 8.27.0, bug is still there. BTW - this bug has existed FOREVER!! (pre-NT7). But.....credit where credit is due - Replay works MUCH better than it used to. I believe a release in the spring 2022 fixed a lot of the issues. This one isn't a showstopper, just very annoying. Click image for larger version

Name:	ReplayBug.png
Views:	96
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1226966

Hello shortrader,

When you say "try to use Playback multiple times in succession", do you disconnect/re-connect the Playback connection for each day? Or do you pause the Playback between days?

If you change the start and end dates to a different date and then to the desired date, are you able to use the scroll bar?

You mention it happens on occasion. Do you notice any consistency between the occurrences so far?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason - thanks for the reply. When testing with 5 days of data, I typically run one day at a time (one file in the replay folder). This allows for better granularity on the scrollbar, if I want to start my testing 10 minutes after market open on each day, for instance. So the sequence is: Monday file in folder, connect to PlayBack (first time always works). Then disconnect, remove Monday file and copyTuesday file, reconnect. Usually after 2 or 3 disconnect/reconnects I will see the problem. And FYI - changing the dates doesn't seem to make any difference. However, I'll admit that I haven't tried that recently (latest release). I'll try this evening.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

If you don't remove/copy files in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->replay folder, do you experience the issue? I suggest to set the start and end dates to Monday and then replay the session. Once finished, please disconnect and re-connect the Playback connection. Set the start and end dates to Tuesday and replay the session. Disconnect and re-connect when finished and then replay Wednesday and so on. If you perform these steps (without removing/copying files), does the issue persist?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jason. I tested your suggestion, and I believe I've found a series of 'clicks' that seem to work for me. I recall in earlier releases that I had trouble with the start and end date dropdowns being greyed out, disabled, or simply didn't reset the data. But this series of events appears to work:
          1. Leave all files in the replay folder. Do not copy/delete.
          2. Set the END date FIRST to my desired test date. Wait for the background reset process to take place.
          3. Now, set the START date - wait
          4. And finally, click AWAY from the PlayBack dialog box, somewhere on the visible workspace. This seems to 'activate' the start date and syncs the data to the selected dates.

This appears to work for me. So as to the reported bug, 'never mind'. I CAN recreate the locked scrollbar issue, but it appears that copying files is no longer necessary to get scrollbar granularity.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post llanqui
          by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
          0 responses