Market Data Cut-Off Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Data Cut-Off Time

Why am I not able to go back any further than late 2004 or so in even though I have the data series selected to go back 30 years?

For instance, I'm trying to look at a time period from 1998 in the /ES but the charts will only allow me to go back to December of 04 even though I have 30 years of data selected. The same with the /ZN market and others. I'm trying to do a long-term analysis but data for most markets stop at 2004. Before, I was able to go back to the 1980s in some of these markets.

What changed?

Hello Meaux Argent,

Typically this indicates there is no more historical data available. Can you please tell me to what broker/data feed you connect in the NinjaTrader platform and what interval is used in the chart (Tick, Minute, Day, Renko, etc).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Meaux Argent,

Typically this indicates there is no more historical data available. Can you please tell me to what broker/data feed you connect in the NinjaTrader platform and what interval is used in the chart (Tick, Minute, Day, Renko, etc).
      I'm using the daily, weekly and monthly charts but mostly the daily.
      My data feed, I guess, is directly from Ninja with the exception of the Kinetick EOD data.

Comment

When I test a Day chart for the ES futures that requests 100 years of historical data while connected to the Kinetick EOD connection, I load historical data up to December 2004. Unfortunately there is no historical daily data available before this month with Kinetick.

Am I correct you connect to 'NinjaTrader Continuum' besides the Kinetick EOD connection? Please tell me what provider you double clicked in the Available box when creating the connection at Control Center-->Connections and clicking configure in the lower right corner.

Comment

When I test a Day chart for the ES futures that requests 100 years of historical data while connected to the Kinetick EOD connection, I load historical data up to December 2004. Unfortunately there is no historical daily data available before this month with Kinetick.

Am I correct you connect to 'NinjaTrader Continuum' besides the Kinetick EOD connection? Please tell me what provider you double clicked in the Available box when creating the connection at Control Center-->Connections and clicking configure in the lower right corner.
          From the looks of it, I’ve been connected to both Kinetick and the live account data feed.

Comment

There is only historical daily data available up to March 2009 for the ES futures when I test the 'NinjaTrader Continuum' connection.

Comment

There is only historical daily data available up to March 2009 for the ES futures when I test the 'NinjaTrader Continuum' connection.
              I guess I’ll stick to TradingView for this sort of thing, even though I paid $1k for NT.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
              4 responses
              1 like
              Last Post jgualdronc  
              Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Option Whisperer