There is no market data available...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no market data available...

I got a flurry of these today even though I have not been seeing them for a while and my market data connection is visibly good.
    Is there a way to know when I am going to have this problem. I am using an external data feed from Tradestation via the dll.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ThereIsNoMarketDataMessage2.png
Views:	112
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	1226851

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I've already rejected purchasing a real data feed as too expensive since I am not using it for trading myself, but
    developing code for a broker who does use NT.

Hello Atomic,

Thank you for the message.

This message means that there is no real-time market data coming in for the NinjaTrader platform to place simulated trades on.

You can try resetting the Instruments within NinjaTrader, but if the behavior continues, you will need to reach out to Tradestation and ask them what could be preventing the real-time data from working as expected.
    • Since this is not one of the Default Connections provided through the NinjaTrader platform, we are very limited in the support that we are able to provide for this connection and why it would/wouldn't work a certain way.

To reset the instruments, please take the steps below.
    1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
    ​Reopen NinjaTrader and connect to Market Data. If the error continues, you will want to reach out to Tradestation for further help and information.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
      Hello Atomic,

Thank you for the message.

This message means that there is no real-time market data coming in for the NinjaTrader platform to place simulated trades on.

You can try resetting the Instruments within NinjaTrader, but if the behavior continues, you will need to reach out to Tradestation and ask them what could be preventing the real-time data from working as expected.
      • Since this is not one of the Default Connections provided through the NinjaTrader platform, we are very limited in the support that we are able to provide for this connection and why it would/wouldn't work a certain way.

To reset the instruments, please take the steps below.
      1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
      2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
      3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
      4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
      ​Reopen NinjaTrader and connect to Market Data. If the error continues, you will want to reach out to Tradestation for further help and information.

Part of my troubles were of my own doing and related to the index futures rolling over on different schedules.
      However, the Market Analyzer table you see below has every symbol mapped like this, External ES}03-23.
      Unfortunately, some symbols such as ZW (W on TS side) will not map no matter what symbol I use. I
      would like some help with this, even if it's just forwarding the question.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	WillNotMap.png
Views:	109
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1226930

Comment

Hello Atomic,

Thank you for the update.

As previously mentioned, Tradestation is not natively supported through the NinjaTrader platform so the NinjaTrader Support teams are unable to provide any further assistance with the Tradestation connection or the way NinjaTrader behaves while using it for market data.

For any further help and assistance, you would need to reach out to Tradestation yourself.

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by giulyko00, 04-24-2024, 12:03 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by 00nevest, 04-27-2024, 02:27 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes