How do I roll ES 12-22 over in NT 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I roll ES 12-22 over in NT 8

Wow, I have to tell you, I am not impressed with NT or NT8 when it comes to phone support. I have waited on the phone for 20-30 minutes several times, and just gave up waiting. NT needs to hire more reps.

Also, when I did get ahold of someone at NT, and I explained to them that I could not find any futures mkts listed in the Tools/Database Management section that I was instructed to go to, and here was NT's reasoning - "This would be due to the rollover date being set to 12/12/2022 for the 03-23 contract month. The ES will appear in the rollover list on December 12th." Please see the attached.

So, I guess NT does not operate under the rule that the ES mkt rollover is on the 2nd Thurs of the month of December, which was 12/8/22. Is there anyone that can assist me with how to rollover the ES on my NT 8? Was pretty easy to understand how to rollover mkts in NT 7.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	No mkts listed in my database management tab for rollovers-Rollover button is not lit.png
Views:	194
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1226839

See these links below. We are also dealing with this issue. If in fact NT is not going to update the server definitions until Monday that's just DUMB. Today is the day most traders want to trade the new 03-23 contract and it is not in the database or in their server definitions. Heads up NT -Contract rollover was yesterday and today 12-9 is the day 03-23 contracts should have been in the server definitions!

Hello, yesterday appeared the message with roll-over instruments. But this day the volume is too low for new month. Today the message does not appear when starting. Can it be done somehow instead of adding all instruments minis and micros one by one? Thank you! Tony

On top of all this, we get to wait an hour or two for a response that is incomplete and one sentence long.

Comment

Roll dates have changed guys. The volume roll has been creeping forward by a day, and so far today, volume has not rolled to March for any of ES, NQ, YM, or RTY. The practice now is more common to roll contracts after Friday close, before Sunday open, consistent with CME schedule. https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equ...rolldates.html

Comment

Hello TMan55, counterpoint ​and Lancer ​,

Thank you for using the NinjaTrader forums!

Lancer ​is correct here.

Once the contract is available to be rolled over, you will get an in-product announcement notifying you of this.

I also do appreciate the collaborative effort here to spread the knowledge as we do our best to get to everybody that requires assistance and continue to improve on response times.

With that being said, please do let us know if there's anything else that we can assist with.
        Luis H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post burtoninlondon  
        Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes