Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instruments

Hello,

yesterday appeared the message with roll-over instruments. But this day the volume is too low for new month. Today the message does not appear when starting. Can it be done somehow instead of adding all instruments minis and micros one by one?

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

What instrument are you selecting?

If ES, you can view on the CME website what month has the highest volume: https://www.cmegroup.com/markets/equ...00.quotes.html

As of now you can still trade ES 12-22, but will need to roll over to ES 03-23 by December 15th. Volume will also shift to March contract in a day or so.

To manually change an instrument on a chart, simply begin typing the new instrument and expiry either into the Instrument Selector in the top left of the chart window, or directly onto the chart (ES 12-22). These concepts are discussed here:

To see historical data for this month only, you will need to set the Merge policy to "Do Not Merge", by going to Control Center -> Tools -> Options -> Market data and set 'Global merge policy' to 'Do Not Merge'. More information at the this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...marketdata.htm

After that, right click within the chart and select 'Reload all historical data'.

You can learn more about the different ways to rollover by visiting the link below:
    To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Oxana; 12-09-2022, 02:53 PM.
    Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Oxana, why is NT not observing the "2nd Thursday in the Rollover month (which was yesterday, 12/8) that all other traders observe? Kind of dopey, yes?

Comment

TMan55​,
        Please confirm what instrument are you referring to.

Comment

Hello,

link "different ways to rollover..." doesnt work.

I know one can rollover manually. My question was if this can be done without manually one-by-one (if not confirmed first day the message pops up - because that day the volume is low for the new month. I didnt ask how I can find the volume)

Thank you!
          Tony

Comment

Hello Tony,
            Thank you for your note.

Please follow this link https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...es_contrac.htm to view instructions on "Batch Rollover' and "Manual Rollover".

To view Rollover date for a specific instrument, please navigate to Control Center>Tools>Instruments, search your instrument, double left click on it to open its Properties window. Scroll down within the Properties window and left click in a field next to 'Contract months' and in the Contract months window you can view 'Rollover date' for a specific contract month.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

TMan55, other traders don't all observe the old 2nd Thursday to roll equities tradition. The volume roll has been creeping forward by a day, and so far today, volume has not rolled to March for any of ES, NQ, YM, or RTY. Last quarter, it was only RTY that rolled volume on Friday. The practice now is more common to roll contracts after Friday close, before Sunday open.

Comment

#Lancer - indeed. Put in a ‘Feature (for which read should be core platform functionality as is the case with Sierra and others) Request’ for Volume-based rollover - in NT7 iirc

But grateful for small mercies - I see r27 has the ability to snap lines to 45 degree increments. Asked for snap to Horizontal when Jesus was still wearing short trousers - my wishes have now been exceeded - eventually.

If only the Livestream button could be disabled from hogging data and likely causing lag I’d be able to use it!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Option Whisperer  
                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes