Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko type block bars

Hello,

Just a general question for times like today when there are news events. An example is, same symbol setup on 50 tick chart, and a 4 tick renko chart. During the news today, tick chart is up to date fine, renko chart is soooooo way behind, it is almost comical. Same indicator set on both charts.

My general question is this. Why does this affect renko bars so much and what can we do about it? I am guessing it is at least in some part due to the number of bars produced vs a normal bar type, and that perhaps (internally), it is expensive in times of cost (maintained series) to add a new bar? The solution, in part, perhaps have fewer indies/series, etc.

Really, I am trying to understand why these bar types seem to suffer so much, vs the others, in order to see if there is anything we can do about it (in terms of indicators used, etc.)

Any explanations you can give as to what is expensive in terms of NinjaTrader resources and related to this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello pjsmith,

I'm not sure why you experience the delayed realtime data in the Renko chart. Do you have the default Renko bar type selected or could this be a custom or 3rd party Renko bar type?

What indicators are applied in the charts? Are these default indicators of the NinjaTrader platform?

If you test the 2 charts without any indicators applied, do you receive delayed realtime data in the Renko chart? If not, I suggest to add indicators one by one and check each time if realtime data is still received as expected.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post emuns
    by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
    6 responses